Things we would rather not find in our food

/ Things we would rather not find in our food #11  
There are times when a settlement is appropriate. People who would take advantage of a situation like that make it more difficult for people with a legitimate grievance. Cudos to you for doing what's right.

Thanks when the mistake was discovered the guy was pretty shaken up about it . I assured him and told him relax I know it was an honest mistake and thank God it happened with me . Slow down and learn from it .

/ Things we would rather not find in our food #12  
No bs I found a small kitchen knife used to cut hoagies in half after I ordered a philly cheese steak in the hoagie . When I got home an opened it up I found it , I never bit into it was easy to see it was so large . I knew the owner of the shop from church , i called over there and he had an employee bring me another philly cheese steak and a extra large pizza free of charge . In a rush barking out orders he made an honest mistake . You talk about a potential lawsuit but I didnt go that route . He's actually an outstanding , honest hard working individual that like I said made an honest mistake . After that for a while on occasion when I would see him at church I would ask him " be honest with me my wife paid you to kill me" ! :laughing:

:laughing: . . . no kidding and you are spot on about legal action against the establishment . . . :drink: silly and wrong h@ll be like the person that won millions for hot coffee on their lap . . . ;) I'll bet that you get excellent philly cheese steaks.

/ Things we would rather not find in our food #13  
   / Things we would rather not find in our food #14  
Did a srir fry with vegetables, peanuts and marmalade but omitted chilli on the first one for mother inlaw, she said she enjoyed it especially the rice, there was no rice but the peanuts were riddled with weevils, we never told her.
Apart from that, aany food with a long hair in it or a glass with lipstick.

/ Things we would rather not find in our food
:laughing: . . . no kidding and you are spot on about legal action against the establishment . . . :drink: silly and wrong h@ll be like the person that won millions for hot coffee on their lap . . . ;) I'll bet that you get excellent philly cheese steaks.

That one comes up from time to time and I always point out that it wasn't as hyped. It wasn't the first time somebody had been burned by the coffee there, but more importantly; she received third degree burns sending her to the hospital for two weeks and asked for $2000 to cover the medical bills. McD's offered $800...

then the lawyers got involved.

The actual award was $640,000; but she settled for less because McD was going to appeal. She used the money to hire inhouse care, as she never completely recovered from her injuries.

The McDonald's Coffee Cup Case: Separating McFacts From McFiction - FindLaw

/ Things we would rather not find in our food #16  
I've done the take a bite of fresh broccoli in the garden thing before and found several green worm halves squirming around in the piece in my hand. :p

When I was a kid, one of the families on our block that I was friends with always had those chocolate coconut covered snowball snack cakes in their house. Anytime I went over they'd offer me one. Seemed like they were always eating them. Had one drawer in the kitchen full of them. After this went on for what seemed like forever of this I asked the kid's mom why she had so many of those? She said when she was a kid, her father took her to the train station downtown to pick someone up. They were waiting around and the dad asked her if she'd like a snack from a vending machine? She picked the snowball things. When she bit into one of them, there was a dead mouse baked inside it.... they complained to the company, and she got a box of those things a month for the rest of her life. :laughing:

Now I don't know if it's true or not, but that's what she told me. To this day, I can't eat those things. :p

When I was a kid I picked a nice, ripe blackberry and popped it into my mouth. I should have checked it first... whatever was on the fruit bit me and emitted some nauseous substance.
It must be some defense mechanism because I've encountered that same on various berries over the years... I believe that it's a variety of stink bug.

/ Things we would rather not find in our food #18  
That one comes up from time to time and I always point out that it wasn't as hyped. It wasn't the first time somebody had been burned by the coffee there, but more importantly; she received third degree burns sending her to the hospital for two weeks and asked for $2000 to cover the medical bills. McD's offered $800...

then the lawyers got involved.

The actual award was $640,000; but she settled for less because McD was going to appeal. She used the money to hire inhouse care, as she never completely recovered from her injuries.

The McDonald's Coffee Cup Case: Separating McFacts From McFiction - FindLaw

I looked up and read the case a few years back; not only did they know their coffee was too hot, they had been cited numerous times by the health department inspectors. Not a set of facts I would want to take to court. I have seen this before; too stubborn to be reasonable and it ends up costing them a fortune.

/ Things we would rather not find in our food #19  
I was at a Burger King and had a chicken sandwich. I found a 1" piece of chicken bone in my sandwich. I brought it to the managers attention. As we were leaving the store we could hear him on the phone, and Burger King was already pulling that lot # of chicken from stock. I was pretty impressed with their concern and speed of action. In hindsight, I probably should of faked choking on the bones so I could get a lifetime supply of chicken sandwiches. ;)

Doug in SW IA

^^^^^
That is impressive. I love green olives, and used to buy them in gallon jars... partly because gallon jars are handy to keep around. The last batch that I got though had multiple pits in them, and I won't buy another jar.