Things we would rather not find in our food

/ Things we would rather not find in our food #1  

Jstpssng

Epic Contributor
Tractor
Kubota L3301
We've all heard the (false) story about a rat found in an order of Kentucky Fried Chicken as well as other urban legends which come up from time to time. Then there are the things which really happened...years ago a family friend had a large, unopened bottle of Coke with a moth floating in it, which she used to bring out to gross people out. One day she discovered that the moth had disappeared so she took it out with the rest of the trash where it ended up on top of the pile. When the garbage collectors came she watched the guy carefully pick it up and put it in the cab of the truck...
We did a lot with that family, and one night were having supper at their house, including home frozen broccoli. I had a piece on my fork and was putting it into my mouth when I noticed a big green worm... Of course I had to share it with everyone else.
I didn't eat broccoli for years, yet I probably have eaten many similar things without even knowing it.

Last night I stopped by the grocery store on the way back from my mother's house. I opened a box of crackers and was eating them on the ride home. It was dark but when I put one into my mouth something wasn't right; five of them were attached together. It looks like a piece of dental floss got baked in with the crackers, quite possibly after being used. Bleah!! crackers.png

/ Things we would rather not find in our food #2  
Once during a Costco trip, we stopped to enjoy pizza and hot dogs from the food court when my wife bit down on a piece of flat spring that broke from the tongs used to place the franks in the buns. It nicked my wife’s cheek and we brought it up with the staff. The mgr profusely apologized, refunded the entire food purchase and offered to exchange info and encouraged her to seek medical assistance but we refused all except the refund for the food. He plopped down the cash anyway but they forever remembered us as decent folks who aren’t sue happy.

/ Things we would rather not find in our food #3  
I'm not real fond of finding cherry or olive pits when I bite down.

/ Things we would rather not find in our food #4  
I once found a piece of broken glass on a yogurt. Thankfully I tend to shake the yogurt around with a spoon and caught it in time.

/ Things we would rather not find in our food #5  
Found a big roofing nail in my BBQ beans (seems they were remodeling), found (1) paint flakes in the bottom of my Coke bottle (the old returnable kind), (2) took a swig of a Coke that had some yeast and alcohol in it, and (3) found a bottle of Nehi Orange with a complete L&M cigarette in it.

/ Things we would rather not find in our food #7  
I bought a burlap sack of brown wild rice at Costco. When I got home and opened it - half the contents were very small black rice beetles & beetle poop. I returned the bag and exchanged it. Later, I wondered if that was the way it was supposed to be. The new bag had no beetles.

/ Things we would rather not find in our food #9  
No bs I found a small kitchen knife used to cut hoagies in half after I ordered a philly cheese steak in the hoagie . When I got home an opened it up I found it , I never bit into it was easy to see it was so large . I knew the owner of the shop from church , i called over there and he had an employee bring me another philly cheese steak and a extra large pizza free of charge . In a rush barking out orders he made an honest mistake . You talk about a potential lawsuit but I didnt go that route . He's actually an outstanding , honest hard working individual that like I said made an honest mistake . After that for a while on occasion when I would see him at church I would ask him " be honest with me my wife paid you to kill me" ! :laughing:

/ Things we would rather not find in our food
No bs I found a small kitchen knife used to cut hoagies in half after I ordered a philly cheese steak in the hoagie . When I got home an opened it up I found it , I never bit into it was easy to see it was so large . I knew the owner of the shop from church , i called over there and he had an employee bring me another philly cheese steak and a extra large pizza free of charge . In a rush barking out orders he made an honest mistake . You talk about a potential lawsuit but I didnt go that route . He's actually an outstanding , honest hard working individual that like I said made an honest mistake . After that for a while on occasion when I would see him at church I would ask him " be honest with me my wife paid you to kill me" ! :laughing:

There are times when a settlement is appropriate. People who would take advantage of a situation like that make it more difficult for people with a legitimate grievance. Cudos to you for doing what's right.