Things to do in Northern California?

/ Things to do in Northern California? #191  
And from Angels Camp, that makes a 4-89-395-108-49 Loop a really nice day trip.

That's a great loop.

The higher elevation parts of 4 are beautiful if it's not too smoky. I've driven and ridden the high parts of 4 and 89 on a bicycle many times, a couple times on a motorcycle too.
Ebbets pass is a popular motorcycle road but most are out to enjoy the scenery.

There's not much in the way of restaurants on that loop unless you take a short detour to Markleeville or a slightly longer one to Bridgeport. Both are small but there should be something open in each.

/ Things to do in Northern California? #192  
That's a great loop.

There's not much in the way of restaurants on that loop unless you take a short detour to Markleeville or a slightly longer one to Bridgeport. Both are small but there should be something open in each.

Halfway point on 395, Walker Burger is a classic. Legit milkshakes, which will taste extra good in August :)

And I recall one trip my friend and I parked under the summit road sign to snap a pic and some guy older than both of us by at least 15 years comes riding up on his road bike to do the same thing. Made us feel like we were cheating lol. Much respect to the people able to pull that hill, even if we think you're just a little crazy. :)

Last edited:
   / Things to do in Northern California? #194  
Last week.

Attachments

• PXL_20230618_210817310.jpg
    PXL_20230618_210817310.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 48
   / Things to do in Northern California? #196  
News article today:
Yosemite problem.jpg

Apparently this is even with having a reservation!

/ Things to do in Northern California? #197  
We are camping on Sonora pass at the moment. Along with the snowy winter and spring melt come millions of hungry mosquitoes. We've been hiding inside the camper since we got here yesterday.

/ Things to do in Northern California? #198  
We are camping on Sonora pass at the moment. Along with the snowy winter and spring melt come millions of hungry mosquitoes. We've been hiding inside the camper since we got here yesterday.

It is a banner year for mosquitoes in Nevada also, which is rare because we have so little standing water. The weird thing is, the higher in elevation I go, the more mosquitoes - places where it still freezes at night. Up at 8000+ feet a couple mornings ago and had to take most of my photos from inside the vehicle or risk getting eaten up. And those little dots you see on the road...Mormon crickets. They don't seem to mind the cold either.
P1002495rtbbn6-30-23.jpg