The Top 5 Tractor Channels on YouTube

/ The Top 5 Tractor Channels on YouTube #91  
FWIW I like Sonne Farms. Nice people with a sense of humor. Watch Andrew a lot; sometimes he's like an idiot savant, sometimes just an idiot. Riding a sport Quad with no helmet holding his selfie stick. But he's having fun like I used to sometimes. Out quading with friends on sketchy trails (tho' we drove slower).

/ The Top 5 Tractor Channels on YouTube #93  
   / The Top 5 Tractor Channels on YouTube #95  
@EddieWalker new one for you!

How Farms Work is one of my favorites. I found him while searching for batwing mowers, and then watched a bunch of videos on haying that where well done. He could talk less in my opinion, but what he has to say is usually relevant to what he's doing, so it's not like some of the other channels where the blabbing goes on for half the video without actually saying anything.

/ The Top 5 Tractor Channels on YouTube #96  
How Farms Work is one of my favorites. I found him while searching for batwing mowers, and then watched a bunch of videos on haying that where well done. He could talk less in my opinion, but what he has to say is usually relevant to what he's doing, so it's not like some of the other channels where the blabbing goes on for half the video without actually saying anything.

Eddie,

Do you view our channel as too much talk?
We really try to keep things moving. …not as easy as it might appear!

Tim

/ The Top 5 Tractor Channels on YouTube #97  
Eddie,

Do you view our channel as too much talk?
We really try to keep things moving. …not as easy as it might appear!

Tim
I've watched some of your videos and enjoyed them. The two main topics that I watched where about the JD tractor with a mid mount mower. I think you compared it to the Kubota. There was a lot of talking, but it all seemed relevant to the tractors. The other videos where about batwing mowers, which where pretty good. I didn't subscribe to your page because the other videos that I looked at didn't seem to have anything to do with what I'm trying to accomplish on my land, or overall farming and homesteading. Your video is very clear and well positioned. Your knowledge of the topic you are discussing is excellent.

/ The Top 5 Tractor Channels on YouTube #98  
Tim, I enjoy your videos too -- you come across as very down to earth and genuine, and the content is very good. To me the presentation is just right.

/ The Top 5 Tractor Channels on YouTube #99  
My wife and I used to watch TTWT a few years back. Best ones to us were the gardening and passing on corn growing wisdom. Electrifying your corn against racoons #1! I'm a retired Deere engineer so I found your take on measuring turn circles interesting... pretty dang close to what we do in Experimental. Same with lift capacity measurements. I think I commented on it and actually got a red heart that one time. That's when I found how you 'sanitize' the comments... viewers aren't aware though.

You always present your videos as if you are a contractor out on a job. My wife says "no way!.. he's an influencer." She is probably right. I know 2 JD engineers that have small compacts and bought lots of attachments to do this kind of work. One day my group got talking about it and ran the numbers... including their employee discounts and estimating the cost of buying some of it used. I hired one of the guys once for some clean-up work and knew his costs/hr. It was break even. They both sold everything before the tractors hit 400 hrs.... pretty tough business. My wife says the contractor angle is actually about 1) yup, get a tractor 2) watch my videos 3) buy this stuff (I get a %) 4) OEM's send me stuff to test (so I can make videos and work a % deal).... she's prolly right. She bets your inventory is either given or loaned to you for video production use: influencer.

We don't mind you monetizing any of this... just SAY it! We watched a few Morgan episodes where they were turning one tractor brand because they struck a deal with a new tractor brand... fine, very clear. You call it "your inventory". Haven't watched much in the last year. Oh yeah, we did watch the opening "scenes" to turbo-charging your string trimmer series... That is just pure click bait. Prolly won't get a thumbs up or red heart huh?

/ The Top 5 Tractor Channels on YouTube #100  
Can’t stand any video that has a teaser title and then makes you wait till the very end, and then you find they oversold the title.

I want videos that get to the point, don’t yap about nonsense.

Then there are the eye candy videos. Then they open their mouth and ruin it.

Generally I’m looking for videos to teach me how to do a specific task that I need to do.

Last edited: