The one thing that you wonder why you didn't buy sooner?

/ The one thing that you wonder why you didn't buy sooner? #281  
We did, at one point. Not an unattractive woman, but... large!

/ The one thing that you wonder why you didn't buy sooner? #282  
Her???
2023_08_31_11.35.39.jpg

/ The one thing that you wonder why you didn't buy sooner? #283  
Lol its funny you guys brought up foreign women because I'm now dating one. She moved to the US from Moldova about 12 years ago and she is absolutely gorgeous, not sure what she see's in a guy like me but Ill take it! She is very much different than most American women Ive dated, not vain or gold digging, not looking to be the boss or be rich. She wants a small farm and a greenhouse someday off grid. She also appreciates this country more than most Americans do, Moldova was a communist country under the Soviet Union for part of her life. Its been interesting to learn from her culture, plus she loves my tractor! ha ha

/ The one thing that you wonder why you didn't buy sooner? #284  
Lol its funny you guys brought up foreign women because I'm now dating one. She moved to the US from Moldova...
My daughter's cello teacher is from Moldova. Cute girl. Here as a college (or graduate?) student.

/ The one thing that you wonder why you didn't buy sooner? #285  
My daughter's cello teacher is from Moldova. Cute girl. Here as a college (or graduate?) student.
She showed me a lot of pictures of her friends and family back home and they tend to not suffer from the obesity problem that we do here and they are all very pretty. She grew up on her family's farm and is used to eating so much healthier than we do here even though they were very poor. She tries to help me eat better but Im still overweight. lol

/ The one thing that you wonder why you didn't buy sooner? #286  
I’ve met foreign brides of friends and colleagues… and some hit the jackpot and others were a slow countdown to 5 years and freedom.

Have to say all attractive to very attractive… all younger from 5 to 35 years younger.

Mostly Philippines, Russia, Ukraine, Czech Republic and Romania.

Blonds, brunettes to jet black hair… short to tallish.

So far the Russian ones all bailed… others hanging in with the 35 year difference leading the pack and really very happy…

Hard to find many Western Europe but Asian and East Block or former East Block pretty common and glad to be here…

The men are professionals… several Doctors, Business Owners, etc.

/ The one thing that you wonder why you didn't buy sooner? #287  
Leatherman Surge. Damn near shower with it.
View attachment 818723
My leatherman Charge TTI had a habit of destroying my pants pockets. Picked up a Wingman with a pocket clip. Less returns than the surge but lighter & less pocket destroying. I wear the Charge whenever I have cargo pants & the Wingman with normal pockets.

I feel naked without either. Flying sucks. Especially if we are only going with no checked bags. My checked bag has a big label on top "Check pocket knife" so I don't loose yet another knife to the TSA.

I use the pliers on my Leatherman more than the knife I think. It's rarely the best tool for the job, but it's plenty good enough & always right there.

/ The one thing that you wonder why you didn't buy sooner? #288  
"Fire Safes" may occasionally work for wood/paper, BUT...anything metal, inside, is at the mercy of both heat and acidic smoke, especially if doused with water. Steam and smoke have devastating effects on steel items. I have seen photos of complete collections destroyed in a house fire that is doused with water. Safest place for a 'fire safe' is where there is no chance for fire.
I had a small fire safe once for a few documents and photos. I intentionally left the key in the lock so if a burglar ever came by he could see there was nothing of value inside. That didn’t work out so well as the burglar stole the safe anyway. 😠

On a tangent, the burglar was a temp employee of a local moving company I had recently used. He knew where everything was. 😠

/ The one thing that you wonder why you didn't buy sooner? #289  
I had a small fire safe once for a few documents and photos. I intentionally left the key in the lock so if a burglar ever came by he could see there was nothing of value inside. That didn’t work out so well as the burglar stole the safe anyway. 😠

On a tangent, the burglar was a temp employee of a local moving company I had recently used. He knew where everything was. 😠
For storing/protecting valuable documents, a 'good fire resistant' file cabinet will work equally as well, AND has the added benefit of not looking like something that should be burgled or stolen.

/ The one thing that you wonder why you didn't buy sooner?
I have a new one: I had my 2nd story deck replaced. I put a deck dry system in. The system keeps the pad under the deck dry, similar to a carport. It is great to work on small equipment and to park lawn equipment. I keep a riding lawnmower under the deck instead of the shop.