The one animal I would eradicate from the planet...

/ The one animal I would eradicate from the planet... #161  
Likewise, after doing training by the state for foster care, we met some gay people fostering children. Those "parents" had their act together more than some biological parents we knew in the court system.

The lesbian couple we adopted the dog out to were not afraid of men, yet the love they showed toward each other (one had a medial condition) was more than what we had seen in some heterosexual homes for children.
I understand that also, but that one incident from 35 years ago has really stuck in my head. My brother and his late wife took in foster kids, they are a lot better people than I am. They ended up adopting 4 or 5 kids who had the same mother, to keep the family together. The woman said that she was going to keep pumping them out until the state let her keep one.
Some of the crap they put up with from the biological parents was unbelievable... the father of two boys is now doing time for murder.
Some people shouldn't have kids... which is why I don't.

/ The one animal I would eradicate from the planet... #162  
Getting back to your original post; right now I wouldn't mind getting rid of the common house fly. It doesn't help that I raise livestock., and every time that I go up to their pens the cab of my truck fills up so badly that I have flypaper hanging the way that some people use an air freshener. I never really noticed fly skat until today, it shows up well against my gray interior. :(

/ The one animal I would eradicate from the planet... #163  
We'd be trolling for walleyes on Saginaw Bay six mi from shore and the wind would blow stable flies out to pester us. Imagine how many didn't find a boat to land on. They're like the smallest house flies but would bite through your socks. I kept the three gray flyswatters when I sold the boat.

/ The one animal I would eradicate from the planet... #164  
"Why did God put tails on cattle and hands on a human?" Said one fly to the other...

/ The one animal I would eradicate from the planet... #166  
"Love isn't something that you get, it's something that you do."

We have no moral duty to reproduce. It's an option. It's also a job. Orphans have prospered and/or have made the world a better place. Rich kids have become famous murderers.

/ The one animal I would eradicate from the planet... #167  
The practice of trapping, spaying or neutering feral (abandoned domestic) cats and then re-releasing them to the outside world is not only idiotic...it's bordering on insanity...!

The people that practice, fund or sponsor this activity are the ones that need to be euthanized...there is already enough stupidity in this world...

Obviously there is a bias of interest in eradicating one non-native, invasive species over another...or maybe it's the bleeding hearts behind the reason there is no bounty (or organized effort to eradicate) on feral cats like there is pythons in the Everglades.

The problem is too many people have tunnel vision and are incapable of seeing the big picture...
Oh Slash, if only everybody in the world could be as smart as you.

/ The one animal I would eradicate from the planet... #168  
It is what it is...you either see it or you don't...most are incapable as is obvious...!
Yep, very few are as capable or as smart as you.

/ The one animal I would eradicate from the planet... #169  
Neighbors recently 'found' a young stray cat and nursed it back to health. They say coyotes are back in the nabe too so I'm sure it'll be a house cat vs let outdoors and out of sight. It's not afraid of their Dobe or their Newfie yet but IMO hasn't really po'd either one off either.

Nest raiders sans collars are targets in my yard, not that ducks are using the nesting boxes/tubes, and visiting dogs get a bye. Ducks seem to be the worst at choosing nesting spots. I find nests knocked out of tree crotches or drug out from under bushes by the house. (mallards) Too much wildlife diversity around here to feed birds, but I'm not interested in feeding raccoons while they already keep turkeys down. Time to get back to serious trapping.