The Life of a Custom Mowing contractor

/ The Life of a Custom Mowing contractor #582  
Here we have a company around here that gets horse stall mucking and sells to mushroom growers.

/ The Life of a Custom Mowing contractor
Holy crap, you found a way to sell bad hay. That’s pretty good.

Let’s correct/amend that:
The “bad hay” you refer to that is stored outside is also sold to customers who own cattle before it sits too long.
When they are stacked, the middle bales look great even after a few months.
Top bales don’t do well.

Here we have a company around here that gets horse stall mucking and sells to mushroom growers.
We have several trucks running around picking up manure, too. It’s a job I could do for extra money for the growers I sell hay to. They try to get me to drive for them since I have air brake CDL.

/ The Life of a Custom Mowing contractor #586  
Let’s correct/amend that:
The “bad hay” you refer to that is stored outside is also sold to customers who own cattle before it sits too long.
When they are stacked, the middle bales look great even after a few months.
Top bales don’t do well.
No, it’s bad hay imo or it would have been trucked to the barn. like you said it’s probably high moisture. I’d say it gets pretty dusty between squares outside unless you’re out west, just ain’t good water wickers. But yes, junk producers will feed it. “Look at that they cleaned it up”…yea, what else is there to eat?

/ The Life of a Custom Mowing contractor #587  
We have several trucks running around picking up manure, too. It’s a job I could do for extra money for the growers I sell hay to. They try to get me to drive for them since I have air brake CDL.
Big business here with all the horse barns. Plenty of money to pay for pickup and then turn around, compost/bale it and sell. Money on top of money.

No, it’s bad hay imo or it would have been trucked to the barn. like you said it’s probably high moisture. I’d say it gets pretty dusty between squares outside unless you’re out west, just ain’t good water wickers. But yes, junk producers will feed it. “Look at that they cleaned it up”…yea, what else is there to eat?
OK, cool. Tell me what quality hay I make. :rolleyes:
Hey, your old lady is ugly. Why? Cause I said so. :ROFLMAO:
Thanks for the compliment, right? ;)

I don’t have enough indoor storage space for 1,000+ tons of hay. Do you?

THATS why some of it sits outside.

Last edited:
Here’s the inside of a typical outside stored bale I sell to the growers.
In MY area, this would be considered good cow hay.
I sell these bales to beef cattle guys and feed my own this kind of hay all day long.
This bale sat outside in a stack for months.

1702469978327.jpeg

/ The Life of a Custom Mowing contractor #590  
Hey dude! lol, she wasn’t the greatest looker before she passed.

At 2000 squares a year I just assumed you invested in cover. Thats like a quarter million a year in hay alone isn’t it? Tarps? I’d guard good sweet hay, it’s like gold.