The last Barn. (maybe)

/ The last Barn. (maybe) #211  
Oh my friend, I hope you keep the snow up there for awhile. We shouldn't see any snow like that for another month.....

A good building justifies it's cost on days like this one.

/ The last Barn. (maybe) #213  
So the way we worked it out, I split and drop pieces in a wheel barrow. My wife picks them up and stacks them. It works really good other than when the stack gets higher than she can reach, then I help. As you can see the splitter is next to the stack so it goes fast.
Here's our progress as of today, and what the weather looked like. We have 4 full rows done.

View attachment 767966View attachment 767968
When the weather here starts to looks like that, I love seeing my full woodpile(s).

/ The last Barn. (maybe) #214  
I don't think location dictates a vapor barrier or not as much as usage.

There's a lot of disinformation concerning plastic vapor barriers. The biggest is that the plastic will keep ground water from coming thru the concrete......

If the building is somewhat climate controlled there will be no condensation on the floor. It happens when the floor temp and the air touching the concrete have a large temp difference. Simple condensation.

I'm on my 3rd shop. All three are/were heated in the Winter. None of them have/had a vapor barrier. Only one has insulation under the concrete and the floor is heated. None of them had condensation issues on the concrete.
Interesting. I didn't think of it that way. Makes sense.
I had a garage in MN that so much condensation in the late winter/early spring that I thought I had sprung a week. :)
No heated garage there, that's for sure...

/ The last Barn. (maybe) #215  
Interesting. I didn't think of it that way. Makes sense.
I had a garage in MN that so much condensation in the late winter/early spring that I thought I had sprung a week. :)
No heated garage there, that's for sure...
I've saw that here too. :)

/ The last Barn. (maybe)
Well it's all done. Split and stacked.
Very happy with the Champion 27 ton splitter. It worked flawlessly the whole time.
Time for some side by side riding I think.

IMG_1463.JPG
IMG_1464.JPG

/ The last Barn. (maybe) #218  
Is that kindling in the drum?

/ The last Barn. (maybe) #219  
Looks like a top notch rodent habitat, for sure! Lol.

Great work, how much split wood is it in total? 20 face cords?

/ The last Barn. (maybe)
Is that kindling in the drum?
The stuff in the drums is bark, pieces of wood dirt whatever we swept off the floor. We are going to use it in the raised beds of our greenhouse.

deezler;
I'm guessing about 18 cords of wood.