The first thing that you do when you pick up a gun is...

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / The first thing that you do when you pick up a gun is... #1  

Jstpssng

Epic Contributor
Tractor
Kubota L3301
   / The first thing that you do when you pick up a gun is... #2  
Accident or not, someone needs to go to jail. I'm wondering why Mr. Baldwin isn't sitting there now. :unsure:

/ The first thing that you do when you pick up a gun is... #3  
Most definitely not an “accident”. I’m waiting for them to say that gun kills people but those advocates got squat! There’s an armorer who’s going to be in deep trouble IF. Baldwin was handed the gun. A good armorer has the absolute final say & authority on the set.

/ The first thing that you do when you pick up a gun is... #4  
Wikipedia tells me a cinematographer is the person responsible for the photographing or recording of a film.
Unless the lady was running the camera herself and trying to film from the prospective of the person being shot I can't figure why Baldwin was aiming at her.

/ The first thing that you do when you pick up a gun is... #5  
Accident or not, someone needs to go to jail. I'm wondering why Mr. Baldwin isn't sitting there now. :unsure:
Apparently he was told it was a "cold" gun, that it was unloaded. I'm wondering how it is possible for any type of stunt or blank firing gun to be able to chamber a round with a bullet in it.
Eric

/ The first thing that you do when you pick up a gun is... #6  
From what I’ve read they had two similar live fire accidents (!) on that set days before this happened. People complained it wasn’t safe but nobody did anything about it. The armorer was only 24 years old too so probably not terribly experienced. No doubt there will be countless lawsuits up to and including negligent homicide, and if all that is true it would be shocking if somebody didn’t end up doing jail time, most likely that same armorer. Very sad so many lives will be ruined just because somebody was in a hurry and trying to save a buck.

/ The first thing that you do when you pick up a gun is... #7  
   / The first thing that you do when you pick up a gun is... #8  
Apparently he was told it was a "cold" gun, that it was unloaded

And he didn't care enough to check for himself before he pointed it at a person, and pulled the trigger!?!

/ The first thing that you do when you pick up a gun is... #9  
So the armorer is the scapegoat because Baldwin negligently point the gun at another human and pulled the trigger, at least twice!? Unless the was in fear for his life, the very least he should be charge with is involuntary manslaughter.

Sure she may have been young and even if you assume the worst of her, she didn't b point a gun at someone and she didn't pull the trigger. Based on who was killed, this wasn't a case of an actor shooting another as part of a scene. It sounds to me like even at 24, she had been working in the business non some level for at least 8 years.

/ The first thing that you do when you pick up a gun is...
At the end of the day the person handling the gun is responsible for where it's pointed at all times... especially when pulling the trigger.
WHY was there live ammo on the set to begin with?

When I was a kid, if I pointed my toy gun at another person I would lose it, immediately and permanently. This killing does not make sense in too many ways.

Status
Not open for further replies.