The day the music died.

/ The day the music died. #391  
Dolores O'Riordan

How sad, found her in a hotel. I watched some video of a concert from maybe a couple of years back, and she seemed like something was not normal about her...maybe just my imagination.

They said she suffered from depression.

I read a couple of "papers" from the Island of Ireland and since Dolores was Irish her death is pretty big news over there. They said there was nothing suspicious in her death which I took to me they did not think she was murdered. However, she supposedly was Bipolar, suffered from severe depression and tried to kill herself a few years ago. They also mentioned she had back pain which could me she was taking pain pills or she had cancer. A coworker just went out on leave because the back pain they were having is cancer. :(:(:(

Apparently Dolores would visit her little home town, was friendly and did not have Star Ego problems. She came into town like a normal person, visited friends and family, went running, etc. without security or "people" around her. People in the town did not treat her as A Star, chase her for autographs and such. Sounds like she was pretty down to earth.

Depression is a horrible illness to suffer.

I THINK I have one of their CDs. :confused3: Can't remember. :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Later,
Dan

/ The day the music died. #392  
I'm not sure what triggered it but I downloaded their song "Linger" last year and my wife thought it was an odd choice for my collection. I keep telling her variety is best. :D:

I drive an hour to work everyday now and I like the have my own stuff when I grow tired of the choices on SiriusXM. Channel 32 "The Bridge" on SiriusXM is what I mostly enjoy with some channel 7,20,25 and 26 mixed in.

Not to be disrespectful at this time, but Delores reminds me of the Seinfeld episode where he dated a girl where he couldn't remember her name but it rhymed with a female body part.

RIP Delores

/ The day the music died. #396  
I saw the statistic where they said the dollars were adjusted for inflation.

I can't find "total album sales by quantity" over time.

Here you go.

Screenshot 2018-01-16 at 12.10.39 PM.png

From U.S. Sales Database - RIAA. If you follow the link, you can hover over specific years in the image and obtain shipments by format.

Steve

/ The day the music died. #397  
Here you go.

View attachment 536049

From U.S. Sales Database - RIAA. If you follow the link, you can hover over specific years in the image and obtain shipments by format.

Steve

looks like the pinkish on the right is all downloaded singles. If each one counts as a unit, then not a fair contrast. But I have to say I my underestimate of the total potential customers was way off.

/ The day the music died. #398  
When they used to do a lot of big name concerts here, we'd always debate buying the LP for $13 or going to see them in concert for GASP.... $18.00!!!

Who in their right mind would spend $18.00 to see them when you can own the LP and play it anytime you wanted for $13???

:laughing:

/ The day the music died. #399  
When they used to do a lot of big name concerts here, we'd always debate buying the LP for $13 or going to see them in concert for GASP.... $18.00!!!

Who in their right mind would spend $18.00 to see them when you can own the LP and play it anytime you wanted for $13???

:laughing:

August 2016 I went with my son and daughter in law to a rock concert in The Woodlands north of Houston. He got first section center of stage maybe ten rows back, VIP room pass, and preferred parking. Probably was close to $200. And then you gotta get a beer.

/ The day the music died. #400  
August 2016 I went with my son and daughter in law to a rock concert in The Woodlands north of Houston. He got first section center of stage maybe ten rows back, VIP room pass, and preferred parking. Probably was close to $200. And then you gotta get a beer.

...and that was another $200. :)