The Crazy Cart

/ The Crazy Cart #1  

4shorts

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota 5740,BX25D
This is a project that I did last spring. I came out to the shop with nothing in mind but a cart to build for a new Miller Tig welder I had just purchased and stared in cutting and welding. You might say it evolved into what it is now. Took two weeks in my spare time to complete and this is how it turned out.

YouTube - Crazy Cart

/ The Crazy Cart #2  
Very nice cart, great job. I like the spare wheel and license plate. Cart looks like it would be very handy.

/ The Crazy Cart #3  
Nice build, like all your projects.

Makes my poor cart feel pale by comparison

Attachments

• DSCF0489.JPG
    DSCF0489.JPG
    312.8 KB · Views: 423
   / The Crazy Cart #4  
Great project. Thanks for sharing!
And I enjoyed Sarah McLachlan.

/ The Crazy Cart #6  
Magic Aboslute Magic. I wish i had the materials to make on ! I dont have a Miller welder but I like the cart so much i might just havce to go out and get on !!

Thanks for sharing !

Sip

/ The Crazy Cart #7  
love it . I love the little hitch ball you fabbed on the bumper. Is this
your future project ? he i can see little carts to hook up to that . But over all the project is very well made, right down to all the little details to set the feeling of a driven vehicle cart.:D good job!!

/ The Crazy Cart
love it . I love the little hitch ball you fabbed on the bumper. Is this
your future project ? he i can see little carts to hook up to that . But over all the project is very well made, right down to all the little details to set the feeling of a driven vehicle cart.:D good job!!

Thanks guys. Glad you like it. radioman you got a good eye to notice the trailer ball. My intention was to make the cart look similar to a Hot Rod. I put the Elite Miller helmet on the top of the simulated windshield. The Tig rod storage space is supposed to represent a vehicles dash and that's why the dice are there as well. I put exhaust pipes on it as well and where the power cords roll up I made the rolls look like nitrous oxide. The rear fenders were made out of 1/8 plate and tiged so if you bump them you won't hurt them. On the front where the windshield is there's even a storage area for your welding gloves and "Dream it, Weld it" is on the front of that.

I fabricated the front and rear bumpers and for a joke I did the rear bumper a step bumper and machined the trailer ball. The license plate is from a 1953 Wheeties cerial box and has the "Newfoundland" name on it which happends to be where I live.

I was going to fabricate a small trailer to keep the helmet in and tow behind the cart but this cart is used on a almost daily basis so it would be in the way. The drawer is very handy. It goes the full length of the cart and holds all the consumables, cables and plugs I need. There was a lot of bends, welds and fab work involved but it's a lifetime cart. Heavy but very strong. All material was 1/8 thick and all casters are all ball bearing. Give it a push and it will go a mile :D Thanks again guys. Glad you liked seeing it!

/ The Crazy Cart #9  
This is a project that I did last spring. I came out to the shop with nothing in mind but a cart to build for a new Miller Tig welder I had just purchased and stared in cutting and welding. You might say it evolved into what it is now. Took two weeks in my spare time to complete and this is how it turned out.

YouTube - Crazy Cart

4shorts,

Imagine my shock when I opened your thread and saw the cart you built was nearly an exact duplicate of mine!:D The major difference was that I opted for the flexible pull handle on mine.

I've followed a few of your threads and you do exceptionally nice work! This is my first welder and I just needed something to pull it around the garage, so it's very low tech. So far, my welds are pretty horrible looking, so I won't be trying a custom cart build just yet.

I look forward to following your future projects. Dyer, retired

Attachments

• Thunderbolt XL resized.jpg
    Thunderbolt XL resized.jpg
    157.6 KB · Views: 399
   / The Crazy Cart #10  
That is a great job you done there, looks like a lot of planning to get
it to come out that way. I really like (all) of the detail you put it to it.
Looks like you have plenty of patience for a job to turn out that way.

The video was great too from start to finish, showing each step you
did to get it that way. It really makes my welder look broke down,
because mine is sitting on the floor and yours is up and running. :D

Thanks for sharing.
Bill

(P.S.) If the local sheriff department here in E.Kentucky saw me with
the one you have they would ask me for proof of insurance. :D