Thanksgiving Songs

/ Thanksgiving Songs #1  

Torvy

Tractor
TYM T574H
We have lots of songs for Christmas, Halloween and even a few for Chanukah.

There are a couple of Thanksgiving songs, but some may not believe them

Over the River and Through the Woods

and

Jingle Bells (yes, it is actually a Thanksgiving song)

Any others?

/ Thanksgiving Songs #4  
The rock station over here plays Alices Restaurant every hour Thanksgiving Day. We used to go small gaming every Thanksgiving morning for 30 years Listened to it on the way there and on the way back. All of them friends are dead or moved on. the new tradition is a big shot in my yard and all we kill is clay birds and Tannerite. 🌋 Built some great memories.

Adam Sandler has a song about turkey IDK if it counts.🍻

/ Thanksgiving Songs #5  
The rock station over here plays Alices Restaurant every hour Thanksgiving Day. We used to go small gaming every Thanksgiving morning for 30 years Listened to it on the way there and on the way back.

Adam Sandler has a song about turkey IDK if it counts.🍻
Was going to mention the Adam Sandler song but you beat me to it. It's called the Thanksgiving song.

I'm a bit surprised how Alice's Restaurant has remained a rock station Thanksgiving tradition for as long as it has. Don't recall it being a "thing" back in the day, only the last 30 years or so.
Once an hour is way overkill. Most stations only play it once, at noon.

/ Thanksgiving Songs #6  
I could never understand the attraction of Alice's Restaurant. Now I cringe and change the station every time that it comes on. I was going to mention the Adam Sandler song and actually posted it in another thread. One could argue that "Thirty Point Buck" was Thanksgivingish; although that's another song I wish they'd relegate to the trash heap.

/ Thanksgiving Songs #7  
"He said, "What were you arrested for, kid?"
And I said, "Littering." And they all moved away from me on the bench
There, and the hairy eyeball and all kinds of mean nasty things, till I
Said, "And creating a nuisance." And they all came back, shook my hand"

/ Thanksgiving Songs #8  
Caution: Religious overtones.

Go to your (or practically any) denominational hymnal. There will likely be an index of subjects that may include "Thanksgiving Day", "Thanksgiving" or "Gratitude". Two of the most well-known hymns: "Come, Ye Thankful People, Come" and "We Gather Together".

Last edited:
   / Thanksgiving Songs #9  
The meanest nastiest father Raper around. :ROFLMAO:🍻