Terramite Tires

/ Terramite Tires #1  

AGreenOne

Tractor
Terramite t5
I have a ex Sunbelt rental T5. The stock 9.50-16 tires are destroying my yard, I need a more turf friendly tire.. From what I have been able to find out the factory offered an optional 31x15.5-15 which is at least 2 inches shorter than the 9.50-16 which is advertised as 33.3. After looking at the tractor for a bit a wider tire may have clearance issues with the outriggers and maybe thats why they reduced the diameter. Pickings seem to be very slim and expensive for wide 15 inch tires. I am wondering if anyone has played around with other than stock tire sizes. I would not be adverse to a light truck tire but only found a couple of them . I was lucky to pick up a set of 12 inch wide 15 inch rims in perfect shape so I have that covered.

/ Terramite Tires #2  
I have a ex Sunbelt rental T5. The stock 9.50-16 tires are destroying my yard, I need a more turf friendly tire.. From what I have been able to find out the factory offered an optional 31x15.5-15 which is at least 2 inches shorter than the 9.50-16 which is advertised as 33.3. After looking at the tractor for a bit a wider tire may have clearance issues with the outriggers and maybe thats why they reduced the diameter. Pickings seem to be very slim and expensive for wide 15 inch tires. I am wondering if anyone has played around with other than stock tire sizes. I would not be adverse to a light truck tire but only found a couple of them . I was lucky to pick up a set of 12 inch wide 15 inch rims in perfect shape so I have that covered.
You might want to check out the turf tires available for fairway mowers. I found a pair of fronts from a ransomes 250 fit my needs.

/ Terramite Tires
I dragged home a set of 35x12.50-15 tires with 12 inch rims from a truck being scrapped out. They have 4 inches backspacing which gives them plenty of clearance from the outriggers and the 35's which are closer to 34 just fit in the fenders. All this additional width brought me out to 62 inches wide which is wider than the bucket but for my needs this is not an issue. The tractor looks a bit cartoonish but I have a few hours on it and the difference is amazing, right next to ruts 2 inches deep from the old tires you can not tell that I drove by.

/ Terramite Tires #4  
Great find with the scrap out. Any pictures of the old and new tires and the ruts they were causing?