Terramite T5, are they really that bad?

/ Terramite T5, are they really that bad? #21  
i know ya seem realy against a full size machine but let me point out that my JD 210C loader backhoe that i paid $7000 for realy does very minimal damage to lawn, its only a little over 10,000lbs and well balance for weight. i can take it over the lawn after its rained and not even leave a mark realy. and there very manuverable and tight turning, so look around, ya might be surprised how well a full size machine works for you. and with a full size machine you can always just drive it where ya gota go rather than worry about trailering it there

/ Terramite T5, are they really that bad? #22  
I am getting confused as to what you were asking.
I understood your initial requirements to be -

1. ) sub 4000 lb loader/backhoe.
2.) Around 7500.00

Given those Requirements -
I would have thought the used Kubota L275DT under 7500.00 would have met your needs.
Tractor w/ Loader and Backhoe (example pic below)
Length: 17 ft 0 in.
Width: 5 ft 3 in.
Height: 6 ft 0 in.
Weight: 3500 lbs
HP 27.5

Now given your additional criteria,

1. hydrostatic
2. Lift capacity exceeding 500 Plus lbs ??

you stated in previous post you "would love a Kubota B20/21 over a Mite, just like I would love a Ferrari over my Toyota."

However if your concerned about lift capacity , I don't think you are not going to find what you are looking for in a Sub compact and you may need to start looking along the lines of a compact, or full size.
Perhaps others can recommend a compact or full size with more lift capacity that still meets your 4000 lb, Hydrostatic, under 7500.00 criteria. I wish you Good luck in your search. Let us know what you end up with.

Attachments

• ld.jpg
    ld.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 840
Last edited:
   / Terramite T5, are they really that bad? #23  
i know ya seem realy against a full size machine but let me point out that my JD 210C loader backhoe that i paid $7000 for realy does very minimal damage to lawn, its only a little over 10,000lbs and well balance for weight. i can take it over the lawn after its rained and not even leave a mark realy. and there very manuverable and tight turning, so look around, ya might be surprised how well a full size machine works for you. and with a full size machine you can always just drive it where ya gota go rather than worry about trailering it there

I remember when I bought my first backhoe. I thought it was HUGE and would destroy evrything under its' tires. Now I'm on my 3rd and they all seem small & manageable to me, even my LB at 19,000 lbs no longer feels big.

It's true about driving it from job to job. I actually sold my big trailer to a buddy of mine. Don't need it anymore. I just hit the road at 28MPH, it doesn't take long to get there. Try that with a mini-ex. :laughing:

Not having to buy & store an equipment trailer makes life easier. I think guys stray away from full size machines because of the size, but I can assure you, it'll seem much smaller by the end on the first day of use. :thumbsup:

/ Terramite T5, are they really that bad?
Well I may have to reconsider a larger machine. Yes, my requirements were sub 4Klbs, under 7500 bucks, able to life over 700 lbs in front bucket, and hydrostatic. I may consider a non-hydrostatic, just from my research everyone seems to state hydrostatic is a must. I have geared garden tractors and I do see the reasoning.
It seems that my criteria could be met, there are quite a few machines that come in under the weight and can also lift over 1000lbs in the front bucket. The problem is finding one for the cost and not regretting the buying decision.
So, since everyone seems to think I should consider a larger machine, what exact models? I'm still not sold as wanting something as larger as say a Case 580 series though.

Just found this, need to call the dealer asap tomorrow. KUBOTA B20 Less than 40 HP For Sale At TractorHouse.com
I have never seen a B20 for this low of a price. Anyone notice anything obvious in the pictures besides the completely worn right front tire? I will assume the hour meter went around at least once, so perhaps 1550 hours is more like it.

/ Terramite T5, are they really that bad? #26  
You questioned the hours which is what I was going to mention. The listed hours seem low given that the last year for the B20 was 96. It does look in pretty good condition so it may have been a home owner machine rather than commercial or rental. That tractor does meet all your criteria. If you consider that tractor you might want to check and see if the 3pt. lift arms and related items are included. They are expensive to replace and may be hard to find for an older model.

MarkV

Good advice on the 3 pt parts, they sure would be nice to have. I hope the seller is upfront and honest, don't want to make that long drive unless the machine is what he says it is. I have to imagine it needs some type of repairs at that price.

/ Terramite T5, are they really that bad? #28  
That B20 looks good and I think the price is fair. I paid $11K for a 2004 B21 with 1150 hours.

The hydraullic hoses on the FEL and BH look older, perhaps original. The quick attach hose that I can see between the tractor and BH has a large steel collar as used by hose shops so I believe it has been replaced. In my opinion any newer hoses is a good thing.

From the way it looks I would not expect it to have mroe than 1550 hours and it might really have 550. I would jump on it.

/ Terramite T5, are they really that bad? #29  
Dont waste your money on a Termite. Go for the Kubota. I know you seem to have a mind set on one like I have at times and some one with more experience tried to talk me out of it, I wouldnt listen and regreted it. Now I listen to people who have experience and been down that road.

/ Terramite T5, are they really that bad? #30  
I've had 3 small TLB's (Kubota DT285 w/ hoe, L-35, L-39) All very nice little machines at the same time I owned full size machines. They have their place (tight spots is my favorite useage for them), but once you get a few days in on a full size, if you need it enough to justify it, a full size will feel like a toy to you in no time.

Don't let the size intimidate you.