terramite neutral pedal spring T3-15

/ terramite neutral pedal spring T3-15 #22  

I called eastcoastgearsupply a few others and went to their web site and they said ya ya we got it but wouldn't send me a picture. the problem is that its a hydrostatic drive with a ring gear of 60 and bevel pinion of 12 not a spiral like a common shaft driven rear end..
I am in contact with conequip and am waiting for a response, an't looking good for the home team...jeff

/ terramite neutral pedal spring T3-15 #23  
What did you do to fix your petal shifting into neutral?? My t3 15 is not staying in neutral.

/ terramite neutral pedal spring T3-15
I saw some improvement after replacing the bearing that houses the pedal shaft as well as the spring under the pedal( also ensuring everything was centered. However after I rebuild the hydrostatic transmission ($500 in parts) it now functions brand new.

additionally I switched out the fluid to SAE30 diesel engine oil and the thing runs really nice now.

/ terramite neutral pedal spring T3-15 #25  
Does anybody have any manuals or parts books on these tractors? And when you say changed the fluid are you saying the hydraulic fluid your using is diesel engine oil now instead of hydraulic fluid? btw I recently did the harbor freight predator engine swap based off your post on swapping engines and purchased the same adapter for transmission from same place. Everything came out great with the engine swap, plenty of power.

/ terramite neutral pedal spring T3-15 #26  
ok so i have more then a worn spring issue. I found a very close replacement. did a comparison and i think i have additional concerns.

first off, new or old spring the spring doesn't even start to feel pressure and you can go in either direction. it's not until you press it all the way in one direction does the spring provide any resistence. I think the two posts that mount the spring have excessive wear on them but honestly it's the only thing i can think of.

anyway here are some pics.

the new spring ($10 at ACE hardware), wire diameter is a hair thinker. outside diameter is a little larger and inside diameter is .01 larger but really it felt the same as the old spring.

I measured and cut it down to match. I left half a coil to firm it up a little.

note the mouting pin on the right. it would make sense to me that this shouldn't be tapered so much. it's this taper that allows the tractor to drive prior to the spring being involved at all.

thoughts?

What was the length you cut the spring to?

/ terramite neutral pedal spring T3-15
Does anybody have any manuals or parts books on these tractors? And when you say changed the fluid are you saying the hydraulic fluid your using is diesel engine oil now instead of hydraulic fluid? btw I recently did the harbor freight predator engine swap based off your post on swapping engines and purchased the same adapter for transmission from same place. Everything came out great with the engine swap, plenty of power.
Glad to hear it worked out. I have a parts manual if needed.