Tell us something we don’t know.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #8,431  
So, here's the issue, I think. Our distances are long, compared to Europe, and we don't have enough interest or aversion to risk (litigation) to support conversion to 350 km/hr through our neighborhoods and cities. So, travel by rail is painfully slow and long, meaning extreme discomfort to do it in any less than a sleeper or private room.

But at that point, you're paying as much or more than the airfare, which would have you at your destination in one-tenth the time. No one wants to pay nearly as much or more, to take longer to reach their destination.
When I had to travel to NYC, I didn't want to drive, I couldn't see putting up with all the garbage to fly and then even longer cab rides then from the train station.
Some just don’t care to fly and all that goes with it???

Of course point A to B flying will get you there the fastest according to schedule.

My trips North are 12 hour five or 5 hour door to door fly and about 19 by train.

When I drive 6 pm is my arrival time and ty he train arrives at 6 pm
I don't dislike flying, I do dislike with an extreme prejudice the ridiculous power tripping assine airport "security" and the other tsa "bullies" (for want of a better name).
I have contemplate and talked to my wife about taking a long train tour of the country.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #8,432  
Actually, they used the clamshell holster if I remember correctly. The release was activated by pushing a button reached through the trigger guard.
I don't think I ever noticed the holster, before.

Last edited:
   / Tell us something we don’t know. #8,433  
It would be useful to run the numbers on btu content between H2 and Gasoline. Fuel handling of hydrogen could be a challenge.

Hindenburg and all that commotion.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #8,434  
Mainers probably already knew this.

IMG_1420.jpeg

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #8,435  
Actually, they used the clamshell holster if I remember correctly. The release was activated by pushing a button reached through the trigger guard.
Wow! I had never heard of that. It doesn't sound very safe. Maybe OK for a single action revolver.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #8,436  
   / Tell us something we don’t know. #8,437  
   / Tell us something we don’t know. #8,438  

Three Dates at the Same Time​

Every day between 10:00 and 10:59 UTC, three different calendar dates are in use simultaneously on Earth.

For example, May 2 at 10:30 UTC, is 23:30 (11:30 pm) on May 1 in American Samoa (UTC−11), 06:30 (6:30 am) on May 2 in New York (UTC-4), and 00:30 (12:30 am) on May 3 in Kiritimati (UTC+14).

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #8,440  
I don't dislike flying, I do dislike with an extreme prejudice the ridiculous power tripping assine airport "security" and the other tsa "bullies" (for want of a better name).
I did the Global Pass with TSA Pre-Check thing years ago, and just keep renewing. My own special security line, keeping my shoes and belt on and laptop in the bag... and I get to self-declare and completely bypass incoming US Customs line. You have to pay up front, and go to a Homeland Security office to interview, pass their background checks, yadda yadda... but all worth it for those who use it.