Tell us something we don’t know.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #8,331  
Coffin torpedoes to prevent grave robbing...

IMG_3879.jpeg

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #8,332  
I talk about them during my coffin building programs.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #8,333  
As much as it's fallen out of daily conversation and concern, many experts have argued we're in greater danger of nuclear Armageddon today, than at any point during the cold war.
I dunno about that. I use Outlook.com for my personal email, which brings you to MSN when you log out. Quite a few stories on this subject last few months, where the likely targets are and where is likely to be the safest.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #8,334  
I dunno about that. I use Outlook.com for my personal email, which brings you to MSN when you log out. Quite a few stories on this subject last few months, where the likely targets are and where is likely to be the safest.
I guess it's a matter of degrees. If I recall, you're old enough to remember hiding under your school desk for drills, every town having multiple fallout shelters scattered under post offices, schools, and courthouses, and folks building their own bomb shelters in their back yards. A few mentions from MSN don't stack up to much, when compared to all of that.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #8,335  
Paul Revere...world's first forensic dentist

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #8,336  
The Nuke Thingy is something that has come back after being basically forgotten for a generation. I grew up with Tuck and Cover drills. Then, with the proliferation of Hydrogen Bombs, it seemed everyone saw an exchange was not in anyone's best interest. No one wins. So we forgot about it. Even though it is still there, and crazy States like North Korea, keep pushing the limits of diplomacy. And for some reason they keep firing missiles towards Japan. Does North Korea have some deep historical issue with Japan that I'm not aware of?

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #8,338  
An Overview of North Korea-Japan Relations

Japan and Korea share a history of exchange and conflict dating back nearly two millennia, and Japan’s 1910-1945 period of colonial rule in Korea continues to cast a long shadow over its relationships on both halves of the Peninsula.
Japan implemented harsh and restrictive policies towards the Korean people throughout the colonial period, with policies of forcible assimilation hitting a peak as Japan expanded its empire during the 1930s and 40s. As Japan waged war throughout Asia and the Pacific, its government and military began to recruit Koreans (often coercively) to work at jobs left behind by Japanese conscripts, as well as Korean women to serve soldiers at military installations across its empire. Tokyo also sought to forcibly assimilate Koreans into Japanese culture by assigning Koreans Japanese names, promoting the exclusive use of the Japanese language, and banning the teaching of Korea’s language and history.

Bruce