Tell us something we don’t know.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #8,321  
   / Tell us something we don’t know. #8,322  
One disobedient Russian Lieutenant very likely saved the world from nuclear Armageddon in 1983, in the tense weeks after Russian military accidentally shot down a Korean civilian airliner.

Along a similar issue of the story of the Soviet submarine K-129. Scary stuff.

The docu-drama The Real Hunt for Red October reveals, for the first time, the astonishing secret events behind the Russian submarine K-129 that went missing on March 8, 1968, taking the Soviet Union and the U.S. to the brink of war.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #8,323  
Along a similar issue of the story of the Soviet submarine K-129. Scary stuff.

The docu-drama The Real Hunt for Red October reveals, for the first time, the astonishing secret events behind the Russian submarine K-129 that went missing on March 8, 1968, taking the Soviet Union and the U.S. to the brink of war.
One of my favorite movies!

As much as it's fallen out of daily conversation and concern, many experts have argued we're in greater danger of nuclear Armageddon today, than at any point during the cold war.

I just read a fascinating book, outlining a hypothetical case of North Korea launching a single nuke at the US. Of course, our protocol dictates a response on warning, and so we launch a handful of Minuteman nukes at Pyongyang. Because of a breakdown in communication and the relatively poor resolution of their early warning systems, the Russians interpret our ICBM's (which must fly over Russian air space to reach Pyongyang) as incoming toward Russia, and they unleash a barrage at us. What follows is total unrestricted nuclear war, and a total destruction of the earth within an hour or two. Relatively unsettling, given how well researched the book was, and the several dozen past top officials contributed to it.

If anyone is interested, it's "Nuclear War" by Annie Jacobsen, and it's available as an audiobook on Audible.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #8,324  
IMG_6994.jpeg

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #8,325  
Simon Chapman is an Australian public health researcher and professor known for his work in tobacco control and public health advocacy and said...

"As soon as work threatens an industry or an ideology, suddenly issues of 'credibility' are raised and suddenly scientists who you've never heard of suddenly appear out of the woodwork raising issues of credibility. And then you have scientists who come out of the woodwork claiming they're experts in the field and they've published in it and they've been there forever. And you suddenly discover they're in the pay of industry."

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #8,327  
Yeah but when will they be converting to battery to save the planet? You know i'm kidding.
I'm not!
Can can see it now, everyone is on board and Captain says over the intercom: "Everyone ready for the Bahamas?" (Crowd..."yayyyy!")
Captain continues "OK. Everyone plug in your phone!".

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #8,328  
I'm not!
Can can see it now, everyone is on board and Captain says over the intercom: "Everyone ready for the Bahamas?" (Crowd..."yayyyy!")
Captain continues "OK. Everyone plug in your phone!".
All cabins ending with 1,3, and 5 start peddling. Those ending in 2,4, and 6 will take over at 11:00.