Tell us something we don’t know.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #8,151  
The Mack has a much, much wider safe passage lane than the Scott Key Bridge did. Try crossing it on a bike on the grated part if you want a real thrill. Been there and did that before and knobby tires make it even worse....
Man I used to hate those grated bridge decks when I used to ride. Never dumped on one, but always felt like I was one wrong move from it. Don't see them as much as you used to, at least around here.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #8,152  
I used to carry a 50 for emergencies. Now I've had to boost that up to a 100$ bill.
Might be something to file under the "you know you're old when..." thread, but when I was in my late teens/early 20s I'd keep an emergency $1 in the glove compartment for gas. This would have been late 60s/early 70s when that dollar bill would buy you 3-4 gallons.
There was a gas station near the college I went to where they never even raised an eyebrow when one of us would stop and ask for 28¢ (or whatever amount we dug out of the seat cushions) worth.
Today that would be like handing someone a $500 bill. Not a common denomination. There are more $100s than $1s in circulation at the moment though.

View attachment 859153
Surprising to see the number of $2 bills on that graph. Can't remember the last time I saw one of them, wasn't aware they even made them anymore.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #8,153  
Man I used to hate those grated bridge decks when I used to ride. Never dumped on one, but always felt like I was one wrong move from it. Don't see them as much as you used to, at least around here.
Nothing better than riding across the Mack on the grating and looking down to the water a couple hundred feet below. Makes your butt pucker.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #8,154  
Might be something to file under the "you know you're old when..." thread, but when I was in my late teens/early 20s I'd keep an emergency $1 in the glove compartment for gas. This would have been late 60s/early 70s when that dollar bill would buy you 3-4 gallons.
There was a gas station near the college I went to where they never even raised an eyebrow when one of us would stop and ask for 28¢ (or whatever amount we dug out of the seat cushions) worth.

Surprising to see the number of $2 bills on that graph. Can't remember the last time I saw one of them, wasn't aware they even made them anymore.
I carry one of those, also for that time when I absolutely need an extra cup of coffee but don't have the cash. I've been carrying it for over a year now... maybe even two years. I also have a few at the house along with a roll of half dollars and another of dollar coins.
Also a red label 2 dollar bill, and a couple of silver certificates. :D

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #8,155  
I think they started using partially grated decks after the infamous Tacoma narrows "galloping gertie" collapse?

Last edited:
   / Tell us something we don’t know. #8,156  
Up reading late last night on the googler I was kind of surprised at all the bridge collisions from ships and barges occasionally resulting in catastrophic bridge failure over the last few decades. Quite a bit of speculation what ultimately caused the accident yesterday, Probably a culmination of a few things imo.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #8,157  
You're saying Nixon stopped the printing of $100 bills in 1969, solely to benefit collectors? :p
No. Nixon didn't stop the printing of $100 bills. He stopped the printing of any bills over $100.... solely to benefit collectors. :ROFLMAO:

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #8,158  

Boy Scouts told us to be prepared.... carry a dime for a phone call.

Now I wonder if they tell them to carry a portable charger with appropriate cables? 🙃

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #8,160  
These are great leaving for a tip...you just want a different waitress next time.
2024_03_27_10.35.09.jpg