Tell us something we don’t know.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #8,171  
I was stationed on a mountain top in Korea in 1982. Doug in SW IA

I was USAF stationed at Suwon AB in 82-83 somewhat north of Osan AB.

Do you remember the tiny Hyundai and Samsung plants along the main highway? I’ll bet they’re the largest plants in the country now.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #8,172  
Some bridge supports have under water guard rails, for lack of a better term, which divert any ship about to impact the structure. I'm pretty sure something like this will be implemented when the dridge is reconstructed.
I wonder how big a bumper would be needed to divert a 95,000 ton container ship traveling down river at 8 knots.

/ Tell us something we don’t know.
#8,173  
Bridges often have large caissons filled with concrete to stop ships from hitting them. I’m pretty sure the collapsed bridge didn’t have them. I heard some structural engineer say that ship shouldn’t have taken the bridge down. He talked about redundancy. What an idiot, I’d have been surprised if it didn’t.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #8,174  
>>>>The way things are going our total net worth has increased significantly in the past few years compared to the 4 before it, where it went down.<<<<

Not sure what is calculated to get that net worth but it's a good bet that the real net is less than indicated. Your house is not really "worth" a million dollars. Money is just worth much less now.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #8,175  
California has implemented a $20 hr minimum wage for fast food workers. Ironically employers are laying off workers to compensate for the increase cost. So the very person the govt is trying to help just lost their job due to the govt intervention.
Expect fast food self-checkout, next. Any potential losses may be easily recouped, when compared against the direct cost and associated taxes of a $20/hour employee.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #8,176  
Expect fast food self-checkout, next. Any potential losses may be easily recouped, when compared against the direct cost and associated taxes of a $20/hour employee.
In europe many of the Burger Kings had order kiosks only. Staff only handed the food out and theoretically cooked it.
No cashiers at all, only a manager at the front for any issues.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #8,177  
I already do self service check out for fast food.

I order my food and pay on the app while in the parking lot of Whataburger or wherever I am. Then go inside and get my drink and in a few minutes the food.

Faster, easier, better.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #8,178  
21023572-034B-42AF-9BE4-6515A25BCA58.png