Tell us something we don’t know.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #8,101  
We handled a lot of cash and no armored car and easily 20K in a day... not a year.

I'm sure a work around skirting regulations is possible.

What happens when processing is down?
Are you suggesting a government agency like the National Parks Service skirt regulations to transport cash on a daily basis?

:ROFLMAO:

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #8,102  
When I worked in Ontario Cali, our packages would regularly head off to Canada.
Sad since the zip code was easy enough to check.

Area used to have a lot of wineries, now mostly housing.
Had a nice race track too, all gone.
Yeah,I raced on Riverside Raceway. It was a great track!

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #8,103  
When I was in college in the 60’s I worked the registration line for free because you got to pre-register which guaranteed getting the classes you wanted.

Back then, many students paid their fees in cash. After the fees were counted the cash was put in a canvas bag and walked across the street to the vault in the admin building for pick up the next morning by armored car.

No guards, 100 yard walk at night, I think I missed an opportunity! o_O

That would be the equivalent to a million dollars today.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #8,104  
EB688C80-305D-466F-8294-D05318874312.png

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #8,107  
We handled a lot of cash and no armored car and easily 20K in a day... not a year.

I'm sure a work around skirting regulations is possible.

What happens when processing is down?
Are you suggesting a government agency like the National Parks Service skirt regulations to transport cash on a daily basis?

:ROFLMAO:

40k to process 22k bespeaks of a broken system where common sense is subordinate to policy..

Last year we were hit with a massive denial of service... affected patient history and physical reports, credit card processing, etc...

33 patients, some with extensive prep were being told to reschedule...

I'm a lowly engineer and said we will request H and P over the antique fax lines... I still have 2 and we would bill patients if we couldn't process credit cards.

No surgery cancelled and all money due was collected...

I championed skirting policy so as to serve our patients..

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #8,108  
Private business refuses cash all the time even if it's $59 and $100 bills.
I'm sure it was a typo, but if someone offered me a $59 bill I'd refuse it too. :ROFLMAO:
I've seen quite a few places that didn't accept $100 or larger bills. Mostly relatively small businesses that probably didn't keep a lot of small bills around for change. Even at gas station convenience stores the clerks have to put cash in the safe once there's a certain amount in the till.
First time i was refused cash payment was at a parking lot in Newport. I was dumbfounded. The attendant implied they weren't trusted with cash, we were going to dinner and I might get a bit cranky when hungry. I said you can't be trusted with cash but I should trust you with my credit card ? I said it's printed right on the bills for legal tender ! I was about to leave but wife stuck out her card and gave me the stop it scowl.
Our town's transfer station only accepts checks (they charge if you're getting rid of electronics or anything with freon). I don't know if it's because they don't trust the attendant or if it's just because the dump's only open on Saturdays and what's the attendant supposed to do with the proceeds at the end of the day.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #8,110  
I had a business for many years and I cannot understand the "add 3% c.c., cash discount" reasoning. The best thing I ever did was accept credit cards in early 1980s. It was about 3% (2.9) and 60c per transaction so I simply posted no cc if below $5 purchase.
My business increased a lot after accepting credit cards and all the years only had a few chargebacks reversed in my favor.
By increasing my rate by 2% that paid the cc fees.
Checks were more problematic so I would quickly take check around corner as my wife talked with customer and I called their bank to verify funds.
One bad check the lady said I couldn't get blood out of a turnip so I said no, but I could put a turnip in jail.
She never showed up for court and I got a judgement. Then I got a property lein. Sheriff's department called asking what furniture I wanted...she was screaming in background so they handed her the phone. I said if you're here in 15 minutes with cash lein is satisfied. She ran in about a minute to spare sweating profusely cash in hand.