Tell us something we don’t know.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #8,091  
Plant life starts dying off with any reduction in CO2.

Thrives with any increase.

CO2 is good for life.
Using that line of reasoning, Mars should be awash in plant life, since it's atmosphere is predominately CO². Venus' atmosphere also has a high percentage of CO², and it's surface temperature is about 800°F.
Like anything in a complex, interrelated system like our atmosphere and everything living on the planet, it isn't nearly that simple. Climate change is real and it's going to affect everything living on this planet as it heats up.
But then, I guess you think climate scientists are just part grand conspiracy to make us drive EV's and get us to stop polluting out atmosphere with fossil fuels.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #8,092  
Using that line of reasoning, Mars should be awash in plant life, since it's atmosphere is predominately CO². Venus' atmosphere also has a high percentage of CO², and it's surface temperature is about 800°F.
Like anything in a complex, interrelated system like our atmosphere and everything living on the planet, it isn't nearly that simple. Climate change is real and it's going to affect everything living on this planet as it heats up.
But then, I guess you think climate scientists are just part grand conspiracy to make us drive EV's and get us to stop polluting out atmosphere with fossil fuels.
Plants need oxygen too.

Yes, climate change is real. We have been emerging from a Little Ice Age for 20,000 years before Man discovered coal or oil. Been warming ever since.

Climate Scientists are no different than Deep State Bureaucrats: feed on the public trough. 97% agree to whatever premiss the grant writer wants. The whole thing is a power grab by those who believe they are more enlightened than us peons, who believe Free Markets, Capitalism, and Freedom in general clearly failed because these fail to honor the great enlightened wisdom of Al Gore, Greta Thunberg, and Klaus Schwab.

As for EVs: They are cool. As a committed motorhead I had a Prius for 7 years then replaced it in 2013 with a Tesla Model S. Now have a Model Y. And F-150. And Porsche 928S. And 6 motorcycles, an ATV, ....

F26342ED-FAB2-423F-B8F2-81619D23F121_1_105_c.jpeg

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #8,093  
That was not legal all that many years ago, but is now.
I’ve never been challenged on it, so I’ve never had to actually put any legwork into researching this, but I’d have to imagine the laws on this must vary by state. No?

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #8,094  
Here’s something most probably don’t know. If you book a flight to Ontario International Airport (ONT), expecting to see snow and some polite people who can’t pronounce “about”, you’re going to be disappointed. Ontario International Airport is nowhere near Ontario Canada, but in Southern California. San Bernardino, to be exact.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #8,095  
Here’s something most probably don’t know. If you book a flight to Ontario International Airport (ONT), expecting to see snow and some polite people who can’t pronounce “about”, you’re going to be disappointed. Ontario International Airport is nowhere near Ontario Canada, but in Southern California. San Bernardino, to be exact.
When I worked in Ontario Cali, our packages would regularly head off to Canada.
Sad since the zip code was easy enough to check.

Area used to have a lot of wineries, now mostly housing.
Had a nice race track too, all gone.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #8,096  
You got it.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #8,097  
When I worked in Ontario Cali, our packages would regularly head off to Canada.
Sad since the zip code was easy enough to check.

Area used to have a lot of wineries, now mostly housing.
Had a nice race track too, all gone.
When I would send packages to Austria they would regularly end up in Australia...

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #8,099  
National Parks being sued for refusing cash pay to enter at several parks.

Interesting because at Death Valley Monument the park service said it cost 40k to process 20k of cash paid entrance fees last year... No nearby bank, need to pay people that can count money/make change plus Armoured Car service to the the desert location.
Makes sense to me economically...

The NPS began implementing cashless policies at multiple locations in 2023, including Death Valley National Park. The park service said in a news release that $22,000 in cash collected at Death Valley the previous year took more than $40,000 to process.

Cash handling costs include an armored car contract to transport cash and park rangers’ time counting money and processing paperwork,” the park wrote in the news release. “The transition to cashless payments will allow the NPS to redirect the $40,000 previously spent processing cash to directly benefit park visitors.”

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #8,100  
We handled a lot of cash and no armored car and easily 20K in a day... not a year.

I'm sure a work around skirting regulations is possible.

What happens when processing is down?