Tell us something we don’t know.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #8,063  
National Parks being sued for refusing cash pay to enter at several parks.

Interesting because at Death Valley Monument the park service said it cost 40k to process 20k of cash paid entrance fees last year... No nearby bank, need to pay people that can count money/make change plus Armoured Car service to the the desert location.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #8,064  

Interesting because at Death Valley Monument the park service said it cost 40k to process 20k of cash paid entrance fees last year... No nearby bank, need to pay people that can count money/make change plus Armoured Car service to the the desert location.
Read that somewhere else a while back. Not buying their excuses. How did they manage before all those modern e-pay methods came along? Kinda sad when the government doesn't accept their own currency.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #8,065  
Read that somewhere else a while back. Not buying their excuses. How did they manage before all those modern e-pay methods came along? Kinda sad when the government doesn't accept their own currency.
Its printed right on the bills... legal tender.

My guess is the regulations for the handling of cash is what this is about... I'm sure it's not about finding staff able to make change.

Last edited:
   / Tell us something we don’t know. #8,066  
   / Tell us something we don’t know. #8,067  
Its printed right on the bills... legal tender.

I'm thinking regulation for the handling of cash is what this is about... I'm sure it's no about finding staff able to make change.
Good luck finding anybody who can count change back to you to the total you gave them. :unsure:

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #8,068  
Good luck finding anybody who can count change back to you to the total you gave them. :unsure:
I asked my accountant how he managed way back when, you know, the guys about 70. He brought out an old slide rule and ledger, an IBM handbook, excel tutorial. Those were the days. Big screen and software manages a lot of what he does now. I'm not very good with a slide rule. Good luck asking me to make change with one.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #8,069  
I, and I'm sure others here, have had them give me too much money. I always give them the extra to make it correct. I'm sure some would just walk out.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #8,070  

It’s my understanding there has never been a federal law requiring businesses to accept cash.

It’s on a state by state basis.

Unsure if a National park is regulated by Federal or state laws - but my strong guess is Federal.