Tell us something we don’t know.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #7,161  
I was in one of my employer's buildings the other day and one of the custodians said something to me and I answered in Spanish. :oops:

I don't speak Spanish. 😝

At least I don't think I do. Must be rubbing off on me. 🙃
Me too... I have picked up Tagalog and Spanish simply by I interacting.

No such luck with Cantonese and Mandarin.

Unfortunately my years of German in high school have never been needed on the job... those that speak German as native tongue also speak English...

Spanish is by far the most needed...

In the job description for medical assistant I added Spanish Language skill a plus and our new hires with Spanish are doing very well...

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #7,163  
I've learned to be careful with language.
I was showing off at a Mexican restaurant telling the waiter "tu esposa parece un mono".
My burrito he brought had hair in it.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #7,165  
Estimated 1.6 million Filipinos in Ca.
4.5 million in the US. I think these people are hard working and make a significant contribution to our American way of life
The nurses do a good job and I believe it's because a lot of family pride goes along with being a nurse.

From a young age Ive heard daughters and even sons encouraged plus there is a network to know who is hiring, etc.

What shocked me is a nurse in California can gross as much in one day as the same nurse working in a rural setting makes in a month in the Philippines and that nurse might be making more than her father farming.

It's a game changer for sure plus with English taught in the schools and a general high regard for America makes it work.

There are accredited nursing schools there that take the same test and exams as here in the states.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #7,166  
I think I've mentioned in the past that in high school we had a German teacher that grew up in Oklahoma....

Sprechen Sie Deutsch y'all :ROFLMAO:
I had a high school math and algebra teacher that was from Burma (Myanmar), Mr. Sharma, that spoke Burmese, Hindi, Italian, French, German, English, and a little Cantonese, and was working on Spanish. Can't imagine how he was able to learn all those different languages.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #7,167  
It's a game changer for sure plus with English taught in the schools and a general high regard for America makes it work.

There are accredited nursing schools there that take the same test and exams as here in the states.
Too bad that isn't taught in our schools here.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #7,168  
I had a college organic chemistry prof from India who couldn't speak English...the students couldn't even recognize their own names when he called roll. He flunked 3/4 of the class; I got a D. Only course I had to take over...oh, one year was all he lasted.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #7,169  
Had one in my later years when I was still working on my electronics degree he was the lab professor. The same way unfortunately for him I was a mid 40's former Marine that finally had enough of his crap. He wouldn't help any of the students with issues that they had in the labs, most of it was a refresher and review for me and I would help them often. One day I had an issue that I couldn't get and had the audacity to interrupt him and expect an answer, the second time he told me "read te book, read de the book" I went to his desk and brought him back to my work station. When I released him he went and cried to the electronics dean. We had a long discussion which ended up with me being expelled for 3 days (Friday, Saturday, and Sunday). That so called professors face was funny when I walked in Monday evening, he about tore the door down getting out of that class room, that was the last we saw of him.