Tell us something we don’t know.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #7,171  
Too bad that isn't taught in our schools here.
I believe culture has great influence and linking generations provides kids with more prospective.

My grandmother made the Great Depression very real when she would point to houses on her street that families had list in the 1930's.

When you think about it how is it some excell in school in a new land with so many obstacles?

San Francisco had one predominantly Asian high school that consistently ranked at the top in academics... the school board decided it had too many Asians... go figure.

Founded in 1856 in San Francisco, Lowell High School is the oldest public high school west of the Mississippi. It is ranked as one of the highest performing public high schools in California, and has been recognized 4 times as a National Blue Ribbon School, 8 times as a California Distinguished School, and one time as a Gold Ribbon School. Lowell has been consistently ranked #1 in the Western Region for the number of Advanced Placement Exams given

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #7,172  
The most dangerous square mile in America The most dangerous square mile in America

Posted because this is my old neighborhood and I'm still in the area which includes the former home of the Golden State Warriors, Raiders and soon to be former home of the A's...

I found the story is pretty much spot on and one of the reasons I cautioned Sigarms on his pending SF Bay Area visit last year...

I disagree with some of the comments chiding police for inaction because many crimes are classified as observe and report infractions mostly due to the dollar threshold being often under $950... so no pursuit with cite and release in the rare event of actual detainment

Last edited:
   / Tell us something we don’t know. #7,173  
I had a college organic chemistry prof from India who couldn't speak English...the students couldn't even recognize their own names when he called roll. He flunked 3/4 of the class; I got a D. Only course I had to take over...oh, one year was all he lasted.
Sounds like good riddance!

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #7,174  
many crimes are classified as observe and report infractions mostly due to the dollar threshold being often under $950... so no pursuit with cite and release in the rare event of actual detainment
When criminals can feel welcome to commit a crime right in front of police with no concern for consequences our country is heading into the abyss. Some say we are already in it.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #7,175  
Hoping the pendulum will swing back because the social experiment has failed...

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #7,177  
I believe culture has great influence and linking generations provides kids with more prospective.

My grandmother made the Great Depression very real when she would point to houses on her street that families had list in the 1930's.

When you think about it how is it some excell in school in a new land with so many obstacles?

San Francisco had one predominantly Asian high school that consistently ranked at the top in academics... the school board decided it had too many Asians... go figure.

Founded in 1856 in San Francisco, Lowell High School is the oldest public high school west of the Mississippi. It is ranked as one of the highest performing public high schools in California, and has been recognized 4 times as a National Blue Ribbon School, 8 times as a California Distinguished School, and one time as a Gold Ribbon School. Lowell has been consistently ranked #1 in the Western Region for the number of Advanced Placement Exams given
And they still don't teach "a general high regard for America ".

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #7,178  
I came across some public school textbooks from years ago and I don’t think they could be published today.

From a quick glance it appears many of the notables mentioned are the same ones with their statues and plaques recently removed.

Kind of hard to know where you are let alone where you are headed if you don’t know where you started.

Attending school in Oakland California I brought in for show and tell two US coins… one of Booker T Washington and one of Washington Carver…

Some of my classmates were silent to learn the US Mint had coins honoring black men… didn’t fit with their script.

Last edited:
   / Tell us something we don’t know. #7,179  
Kind of hard to know where you are let alone where you are headed if you don’t know where you started.
Exactly! ( I would say 'Amen' but my post might be deleted)

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #7,180  
I wonder how history will
look back at our present time?

I hope it’s a bump in the road and not about demise.