Tell us something we don’t know.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #5,431  
Oh my... could have populated a all town...

Don't see the really big families do much anymore... had one with 10 in high school and that was unusual...
I work with a man that is the youngest d of 17! I went to high school with one of his sisters. A well known local family. (y)

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #5,432  
I work with a man that is the youngest d of 17! I went to high school with one of his sisters. A well known local family. (y)
When I was a boy there was a family with 16 kids down the street. I lived there 5 yrs - Not sure I met them all. lol
Their kitchen table was a park style picnic table. Wash day was everyday. Everybody wore the same socks - when they were dry they just grabbed what they needed... It was an army of kids in that house. Oh yeah, they were Irish Catholics for sure.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #5,433  
Groucho Marx on You Bet Your Life a guy says he has 17 kids and Groucho says ‘I smoke a cigar, but I take it out every once in a while.’
It's not sure he said it, but it is funny.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #5,435  
My wife's father's dad had around 11 siblings and his mom had around 15.

Seems half of them were named Alex! :ROFLMAO:

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #5,436  
Not quite Mayflower but related. A guy named John Strong came over on a ship in the early mid 1600's. Someone in our family on my mom's side dug into the genealogy many years ago and found a lot. There is an organization around this family name for this and they published a booklet with a lot of history and details that I have a copy of. Apparently, something like 95% of people named Strong in the US are related back to him.

Fast forward a few hundred years and my daughter was in dance classes with a girl named Strong when she was young. I met the Dad one day while waiting and said jokingly "it appears we are cousins" so we talked a bit. He said his mother had looked into it herself also and had been back east where they landed and visited some sites so he knew all the same history that I did. He agreed that we must be related though neither of us dug into what it would take to figure out the path in the tree back to Old John. Mainly a curiosity to me as I am not big into genealogy stuff.

Just kind of a neat occurrence of life.
Guess we would be cousins too! My 8th great grandfather is John Strong, from Taunton, Somerset, England, emigrated to Northhampton, Mass, a little north of Springfield.

John Strong​

1610–1699​

BIRTH 1610 • Taunton, Somerset, England
DEATH 14 APR 1699 • Northhampton, Hampshire, Massachusetts, USA
8th great-grandfather

Or it could be a different John Strong, probably a lot of them.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #5,438  
I’m descended from William Bradford… on both sides of the family. :eek:
That's pretty amazing. Not exactly Genghis Khan, screwing everything with two **** and a heartbeat, we was a Puritan!

Speaking of which, about 1 in 12 people in Asia are direct descendants of Genghis Khan, as are about 1 in 200 people worldwide. That dude got around!

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #5,439  
   / Tell us something we don’t know. #5,440  
Guess we would be cousins too! My 8th great grandfather is John Strong, from Taunton, Somerset, England, emigrated to Northhampton, Mass, a little north of Springfield.

John Strong​

1610–1699​

BIRTH 1610 • Taunton, Somerset, England
DEATH 14 APR 1699 • Northhampton, Hampshire, Massachusetts, USA
8th great-grandfather

Or it could be a different John Strong, probably a lot of them.
Nice to meet you Cousin! 😁