Tell us something we don’t know.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #5,041  
The last time that I got into a sports car it was to move a friend's Camaro in their driveway while they were on vacation, so that it looked like somebody was staying there.
To get out I had to open the door, fall over and drag myself out with my hands and elbows.
Had a ladyfriend in the late 80s who had a fairly new Camaro, and I didn't have much trouble getting in or out. Nice car on dry pavement, but it could get stuck in a puddle. Literally. We did once.

As far as lack of ease of entry/exit I've found that to be true of most Japanese cars. Not much legroom when inside either. Hondas and Nissans seemed to be the best of the bunch, Suburus and toyotas the worst.
Sister in law had a Maita for a few years. BIL was a big guy, no idea how even fit in it.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #5,042  
There is a word for throwing someone out of a window...it's "defenestration"...

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #5,043  
Leaving car show parking lot.
Turns onto street and does a burnout while turning.
Loses control, shoots down the road and runs off the opposite side, hitting a small porch on the front left corner of the car.
Not too bad.
It'll buff right out. ;)
Thank you. I feel better now. :)

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #5,044  
Something about the old bias ply 'Super Wide Ovals' that was no good. Looked good but were contributing to the bad manners. Had a set on my 66 'vette that lasted maybe 5K miles and were bald.
The only good thing about them is if you didn't have power steering, and most of the old cars didn't, it made steering a LOT easier than with radials.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #5,045  
I had a '56 Corvette back in the early '60's and it was nothing special. It was a slushy ride, limited power and a powerglide that made it worse. The fiberglass cracked and the car whistled with wind and water leaks. The suspension parts looked they like they were scrounged from other models like the Bel Air or Impala. Maybe Nova if they were around back then. Cool looking now but then was seen as a feeble attempt at a Thunderbird.

The car was marketed to society types that wanted to be seen out and about in a shiny car. I don't think anyone expected kids or hot rodders to latch onto the Corvette. I recall there was talk of dropping the model.

Last edited:
   / Tell us something we don’t know. #5,046  
Had a ladyfriend in the late 80s who had a fairly new Camaro, and I didn't have much trouble getting in or out. Nice car on dry pavement, but it could get stuck in a puddle. Literally. We did once.

As far as lack of ease of entry/exit I've found that to be true of most Japanese cars. Not much legroom when inside either. Hondas and Nissans seemed to be the best of the bunch, Suburus and toyotas the worst.
Sister in law had a Maita for a few years. BIL was a big guy, no idea how even fit in it.
Maybe top was always down?

I did that with MG Midget bought cheap in High School.

/ Tell us something we don’t know.
#5,047  
Google “Mustangs leaving a car show”. Endless entertainment, they feel the need to show off with often bad consequences.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #5,048  
I was at a car show many years ago, a corvette pulling out of the show venue decided to do a burn out on the ramp, went slightly sideways almost hit the wall and moved off to the parking lot.
A porsche 917 followed and did a complete, controlled, 360/donut on the ramp and the corvette moved out of the lot to scurry home :)

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #5,049  
How about Road & Track?
There's one in Bowling Green Kentucky at the National Corvette Museum, apparently the last survivor.
"According to Dave McLellan, a total of 61 serial numbered '83 Corvettes were built. Of these, 18 were “prototypes” and the other 43 were “pilot-line” cars. The 43 pilot-line cars that were built were of course never released for public purchase, and never made it into the hands of any owners."
Prototypes only...

Hmm...

Not going to argue about what the definition of "is" is.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #5,050  

I've only driven a Miata once. 5 speed manual transmission. Would have been nice if it had tilt steering

I'm 6'1 and around 225lbs. I resembled a gorilla in a clown car

Left knee was pressed to the door. Right knee was pressed tight to the center console.

Had to run the pedals with the sides of my feet

Had quite the audience when I arrived at my destination watching to see how I extracted myself from the car.

Pretty much had to tip sideways onto the ground on my hands and knees. Then stand up.

It sure wasn't dignified