Tell us something we don’t know.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #5,061  
Every ear of corn has an even number of rows of seed. No ear of corn has an odd number of rows.

Also, every individual strand of silk on the tip of an ear of corn is connected to it's own individual kernel of corn.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #5,064  
Geez, I just read through several pages of comments from people too fat or out of shape to get in and out of a pony car... as if it's the car's fault you're out of shape. :rolleyes:

If there ever comes a day when I can't execute the basic life skill of climbing in and out of a car with relative ease, I certainly won't be telling the internet about it.
Average men over 60 in the US are 5'8". Average weight is about 195.

I'm 6' tall, 225. I am not overweight, and all of my bloodwork numbers are fine. I'm just large framed. I usually consume over 4000 calories a day and don't gain weight. There's no fat on my shoulders, as I can feel bone directly under my skin, yet my shoulders hit the windows in many cars.

My feet are size 13, have been since I was 12 years old. On many cars, I have trouble getting my foot on the gas pedal without hitting the brake pedal, because there's not enough room between the brake pedal and consoles.

Some cars I put the seat all the way back, and still I have no room to extend my legs, which makes for very uncomfortable driving.

My mother in-law had a Toyota Seneca van, and I was very uncomfortable driving that. Seat did not go back far enough, and did not lower down enough, making it hard to see out of the front windshield very far down the road without hunching over.

There's all kinds of body shapes and sizes. Cars, especially economy cars, are built for average sized people.

On the other hand, our 2020 Subaru Outback, I have to move the seat forward 4" to reach the pedals. I have to move the seat forward on our 2003 Suburban and 2013 Impala as well.

So it'll be 4 door sedans, wagons, Suburbans for the rest of my life.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #5,065  
There is a word for throwing someone out of a window...it's "defenestration"...
And the Defenestration At Prague was what is credited with starting WW1

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #5,066  
My Bantams are small American made cars of the 1930’s… some say the original clown car due to Bantam proportions.

For those that don’t know Bantam invented and delivered the first military jeeps but being a small company production was extremely limited so Ford and Willys entered production.

Attachments

• 3F03D313-B18A-4CA2-8E32-E24243F4B008.jpeg
    3F03D313-B18A-4CA2-8E32-E24243F4B008.jpeg
    158.4 KB · Views: 87
  • 531A135B-3176-4E1A-A21B-5CC0C8BE48CA.jpeg
    531A135B-3176-4E1A-A21B-5CC0C8BE48CA.jpeg
    35.6 KB · Views: 84
  • 330B7D79-D931-440E-92B1-95111FF6B85B.jpeg
    330B7D79-D931-440E-92B1-95111FF6B85B.jpeg
    258.8 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:
   / Tell us something we don’t know. #5,068  
My Bantams are small American made cars of the 1930’s… some say the original clown car due to Bantam proportions.

For those that don’t know Bantam invented and delivered the first military jeeps but being a small company production was extremely limited so Ford and Willys entered production.
Wow, what a gorgeous car! The mileage seems incredible.
(A very happy looking truck driver there, too.)

All the best,

Peter

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #5,069  
I'm your age, my Mustang was no problem with it's 5 ft door and cavernous interior. Not as easy in the Porsche or the Cobra with a 3 ft door and side pipes. But I do it for the love of the cars.
Your lucky if you are still in good condition. Some people maintain a decent weight but it's the wrecks and hard miles that have taken their toll. Or arthritis and spondylosis.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #5,070  
t's the wrecks and hard miles that have taken their toll.
Tell me about it. The worst thing that I do for my body is driving. I spent the last year nursing a bad back. I finally realized that the seat in my company truck is worn out, and was causing my problems. A strategically folded towel helps, and I try to limit the amount of time I spend in it.