Tell us something we don’t know.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #3,001  
Bad boys rape our young girls but violet gives willingly.
Black brown red orange yellow green blue violet gray white
Resistor color code
First learned that working on a Life Scout merit badge...either for radio or gen.electronics...a long time ago...!

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #3,002  
I saw that one, too. Another scam.
Do you think the coriolis effect isnt real?

I have never been to the southern hemisphere......but have you ever drained your sink or bath tub and notice it always spirals the same direction?

You can even try and FORCE it to spin the opposite direction and it very quickly corrects itself

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #3,003  
AEDBDE92-3798-48D2-BFDC-036658776071.png

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #3,005  
You can emulate a NASCAR race by flushing a bag of M&Ms down the toilet...!

Yeah. Turn left and stand on it. If you are in the first two rows you might have a chance to win...barring crashes. booorrring

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #3,006  
Do you think the coriolis effect isnt real?

I have never been to the southern hemisphere......but have you ever drained your sink or bath tub and notice it always spirals the same direction?

You can even try and FORCE it to spin the opposite direction and it very quickly corrects itself
Yes. Of course the coriolis effect is real. On things like weather. Drains. No.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #3,007  
Yes. Of course the coriolis effect is real. On things like weather. Drains. No.
Exactly. I think I said this two pages ago. :LOL:

Coriolis is a very weak effect, it requires global-scale torque arms to apply any influence over other small factors (eg. surface imperfections) in any system.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #3,008  
Any doubters should watch this, and although one would think the coriolis effect is weak, on a global scale it's actually powerful.
Over the years I've been in tall buildings with a chandelier. If you watch you can see it moving. It's also interesting to suspend a weight like a plumb Bob from a long string with the tip touching sand. It makes a coriolis pattern.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #3,009  
Any doubters should watch this
1:40 says it all.

The pool experiment is interesting, as it removes as many other factors as possible. But it's irrelevant to the toilet/sink problem, as the direction they drain is more influenced by the design of the appliance than Coriolis effect.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #3,010  
1:40 says it all.

The pool experiment is interesting, as it removes as many other factors as possible. But it's irrelevant to the toilet/sink problem, as the direction they drain is more influenced by the design of the appliance than Coriolis effect.
That's true...my point was the coriolis effect does affect drain rotation as well as wind, etc.