Tell us something we don’t know.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #8,541  
Works for me!!! I just wish the darned things would stop popping up out of the ground every year.

When I bought my place I started reclaiming the old 2 acre field with my little CadPlans backhoe. It did a surprising amount of work but there was one rock which was bigger than it could handle.
Actually, it was bigger than my tractor.

I eventually worked a deal and got the field cleared for free. Rather than burying the stumps I had them piled up so that I could reclaim the topsoil. That was in 2009. I now have 11 9 piles of topsoil I'm working through. Somewhere is a boulder bigger than my tractor. When I find it, that'll be like seeing an old friend.

Or something. :unsure:
well that’s because they didn't pickup the small rocks and they grew … it must be some pretty fertile soil where the big one is.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #8,544  
IMG_1538.jpeg

IMG_1537.jpeg

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #8,545  
he was smarter then this one, but he still had 6 lives left.

Unsinkable Sam

Unsinkable Sam was a remarkable cat who survived the sinking of three naval vessels during World War II. Initially aboard the German battleship Bismarck, and later rescued by British sailors, he went on to survive the sinking of both the HMS Cossack and the HMS Ark Royal.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #8,546  
There's a little known border control device being used in Texas. The alligator.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #8,547  
Fossilized pearls

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #8,548  
Fossilized pearls

That is fascinating.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #8,549  
it seem like many manufacturers are finally moving away from touch screen for everything I am starting to see knobs doing a comeback, can’t used a phone while driving but you need to hit a three step menue on a flat screen to change the car temperature or switch a radio station go figure.
We got a class on the touch screen in my wife's Hyundai SanteFe.

The guy said it was easier to do it xx way. But I find it's easier to hit the push button for the option.

There are multiple screens to navigate. So if I want to change the station, I just hit the radio button and it opens up that screen. Then I can select from the saved stations.

I prefer the screen set up in my 2016 Sierra though.

My programmed stations are in a line on the bottom of the display, so it's much easier to change the station for me.

Both vehicles have set and forget temperature settings for the heater. You have to hit a button to switch it to defrost.

Both vehicles have built in GPS navigation. But I prefer either Google Maps or the Wave app through Android auto instead.

They take you the most direct route instead of taking you on a walk about like the onboard navigation does.

I tested both the car and trucks onboard navigation to see what it popped up for the fastest route to my work. Both vehicles wanted to add 30 minutes to my commute.

Google and waze were spot on with the fastest route.

Although you have to watch Google Maps as a couple of my coworkers found out. Google maps took them down an old pig trail to get to a jobsite