Telehandler joystick layout

/ Telehandler joystick layout #1  

BeezFun

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota B2710
I'm looking at a GEHL compact telehandler. The joystick movement left/right doesn't operate the bucket curl, it operates the telescopic boom. The bucket curl is controlled by a thumb control on the joystick. Is this common in the construction industry? Every tractor in the world has the bucket curl controlled by left right lever motion. It actually is really easy to control, the problem is I'm so used to the tractor style I think I'd constantly be doing the wrong motion. Any idea why they might do this?

/ Telehandler joystick layout #2  
Newer machines with electronic controls usually are programmable and you can select patterns. Have you checked your manual?

/ Telehandler joystick layout
Yes, it can't be changed. I thought the same thing since it's not mechanical.

/ Telehandler joystick layout #4  
My Bobcat V417 compact telehandler joystick works like all tractors plus rocker switches for boom extend and grapple open/close. Plus two pushbuttons for boom float and aux hydraulics continuous flow.

2015.jpg
PC160015.JPG

Last edited:
   / Telehandler joystick layout
Yeah, I've driven bobcats, I knew they were "normal". The funny thing is there is a Manitou version of this model and a Gehl version, and they're supposed to be identical other than the paint color according to the manual. However the Gehl has the Gehl style joystick and the Manitou has the Manitou style stick, which is like a tractor. I'd like to buy it from the dealer where I got my tractor because they've been great, but they're a Gehl dealer, not Manitou, which seems nuts since Manitou owns Gehl.