TC24DA Loader Quick Disconnect Fittings and plugs

/ TC24DA Loader Quick Disconnect Fittings and plugs #1  

flumpydog

Tractor
New Holland TC24DA
Hi,

I took my loader off for the first time last night, was really quite easy to do. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif The hoses on my loader all have colour coded rubber caps for each of the 4 hoses that are attached to each hose. On the tractor itself, the couplings only had a colour coded plastic ring behind each coupling. Am I missing some colour coded rubber plugs for these couplies that should be attached to each coupling so you do not lose them? For now, I just covered up each one individually to protect them from getting dirt inside with a makeshift solution.

Best Wishes,
Chuck

/ TC24DA Loader Quick Disconnect Fittings and plugs
Hi,

I took my loader off for the first time last night, was really quite easy to do. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif The hoses on my loader all have colour coded rubber caps for each of the 4 hoses that are attached to each hose. On the tractor itself, the couplings only had a colour coded plastic ring behind each coupling. Am I missing some colour coded rubber plugs for these couplies that should be attached to each coupling so you do not lose them? For now, I just covered up each one individually to protect them from getting dirt inside with a makeshift solution.

Best Wishes,
Chuck

/ TC24DA Loader Quick Disconnect Fittings and plugs #3  
My TC24 also only had caps on the loader end, but none on the tractor side. Just make sure they are dirt free when you reconnect them.

/ TC24DA Loader Quick Disconnect Fittings and plugs #4  
My TC24 also only had caps on the loader end, but none on the tractor side. Just make sure they are dirt free when you reconnect them.

/ TC24DA Loader Quick Disconnect Fittings and plugs #5  
Mine didn't have caps on either the loader or the tractor side. I've purchased some for the loader side, but I really need them for the tractor side. What I typically do after mowing is spray the dirt out of the connections with the water hose and then dry it real good with one of those blue shop towels. Easier to get the water out then it is the dirt with the towel. One of these days I'll remember to ask the dealer about them for the tractor side. Now to be really effective though I think you should remove them when the loader is on as my caps have as much crap on them as the connections themselves and I have to clean them up to use them. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

/ TC24DA Loader Quick Disconnect Fittings and plugs #6  
Mine didn't have caps on either the loader or the tractor side. I've purchased some for the loader side, but I really need them for the tractor side. What I typically do after mowing is spray the dirt out of the connections with the water hose and then dry it real good with one of those blue shop towels. Easier to get the water out then it is the dirt with the towel. One of these days I'll remember to ask the dealer about them for the tractor side. Now to be really effective though I think you should remove them when the loader is on as my caps have as much crap on them as the connections themselves and I have to clean them up to use them. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Thanks for the replies Bob and Jim!

I just thought it was odd that there was no plugs for the tractor, especially when compared to the rear remotes I had installed, it came with plugs and caps for both the male and female lines. I sure hear you about those caps filling with crud, I have only had the tractor for not quite 2 weeks now and they were filthy and needed lots of cleaning before I put them on. Other than this, life is good and the new tractor is a lot of fun! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Best Wishes,
Chuck

Thanks for the replies Bob and Jim!

I just thought it was odd that there was no plugs for the tractor, especially when compared to the rear remotes I had installed, it came with plugs and caps for both the male and female lines. I sure hear you about those caps filling with crud, I have only had the tractor for not quite 2 weeks now and they were filthy and needed lots of cleaning before I put them on. Other than this, life is good and the new tractor is a lot of fun! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Best Wishes,
Chuck

/ TC24DA Loader Quick Disconnect Fittings and plugs #9  
For whatever it is worth, my rear remote came with tractor side caps only.

/ TC24DA Loader Quick Disconnect Fittings and plugs #10  
For whatever it is worth, my rear remote came with tractor side caps only.