TC-30 Hydro leak

/ TC-30 Hydro leak #1  

skramer360

Tractor
New Holland TC30
I have a 2008 New Holland TC-30 with about 960 hours on it. It runs great and does everything I need it to do. It does have a major oil leak, and after using it for about 10-12 hours it's clear that it is a hydraulic oil leak. Here are a couple pictures to give an idea where it is leaking.
From the left side
50rk5KN.jpg

It leaks from the round hole that is circled in red. It does not leak from the cotter pin even though it looks like it does.
oFKlUai.jpg

I removed the plate that is between the operator's feet and it does not leak at the seals where the three shafts go to the rear. My best guess is that it leaks at one or more of the "O" rings going into the HST that are circled in this parts drawing from Messicks.
C9UGsxs.jpg

My question is; does anyone know if those "O" rings can be replaced without splitting the tractor. The pipes come in through the side of the housing and do not seal at the housing.

/ TC-30 Hydro leak #2  
Welcome to TBN.
It appears from the parts book that those orings can be replaced, but can you get pictures of the lines?

/ TC-30 Hydro leak #3  
Can you tighten the bolted o-ring stud, just in case luck is with you?

/ TC-30 Hydro leak #4  
I think you are on the right track. It could be a leak from any one of the seals on the HST. Popping the lines and replacing the Orings would be an easy start over splitting the tractor. Are you still having a sticky pedal under load? May be something to LIR if it's only weeping a bit. I'd love to hear some wisdom from someone with some technical experience with HST transmissions.

/ TC-30 Hydro leak
Unfortunately it is not only weeping. It leaves a good trail of oil while using it. I've added about 3 quarts of hydro oil in 8-9 hours of use. The nearest New Holland dealer is over an hour away so just popping in to ask isn't really an option.

/ TC-30 Hydro leak #6  
Can you take pictures of the case where the lines go in?

/ TC-30 Hydro leak
Welcome to TBN.
It appears from the parts book that those orings can be replaced, but can you get pictures of the lines?
I hope to get some more pictures in a day or two, it doesn't park at my house.

/ TC-30 Hydro leak #8  
I suspect that if it isn't the orings on the hydraulic lines you may have to split the tractor.

/ TC-30 Hydro leak
These are the pictures I got of the three lines I could see.
Picture #1 is pipe #12 in the drawing, I believe
Picture #2 is pipe #9 and
Picture #3 is pipe #8
IUr0WXb.jpg

ToDuRLY.jpg

xXEP8KC.jpg

Last edited:
   / TC-30 Hydro leak #10  
The lines can be removed and the orings replaced, conceivably. The fun part may be getting the lines off through whatever they are mounted under.