TBN Censoring

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / TBN Censoring #1  

Cahaba Valley Farm

Veteran Member
Tractor
Ford 3000
I am posting this thread to express my opinion that this forum's censoring policies have gone too far and gotten too oppressive. It seems if I make any statement now that the moderators of this forum don't agree with politically my posts are instantly removed with no explanation. This is not free speech, it's not American and it's not in keeping with the spirit of internet chat boards. Internet chat rooms are supposed to be about the exchange of ideas from different people across all walks of life. Taking away peoples ability to express themselves through their thoughts and opinions when the expression is not done maliciously is in my opinion wrong and a misuse of moderator power.

Muhammad when you first enacted this new policy I was willing to give it a chance and for a while it worked. However, recent actions taken by the moderators I believe have crossed a line and has gone too far. The balance of power here has been lost due to the pursuit of control. I think you guys in the back need to reevaluate what this community is going to become if you try to control everything people say.

/ TBN Censoring #2  
Someone probably reported your post. If it had a political tone they are going to remove it because it always gets out of hand. The more responses the more aggressive people become.

/ TBN Censoring #3  
I am posting this thread to express my opinion that this forum's censoring policies have gone too far and gotten too oppressive. It seems if I make any statement now that the moderators of this forum don't agree with politically my posts are instantly removed with no explanation. This is not free speech, it's not American and it's not in keeping with the spirit of internet chat boards. Internet chat rooms are supposed to be about the exchange of ideas from different people across all walks of life. Taking away peoples ability to express themselves through their thoughts and opinions when the expression is not done maliciously is in my opinion wrong and a misuse of moderator power.

Muhammad when you first enacted this new policy I was willing to give it a chance and for a while it worked. However, recent actions taken by the moderators I believe have crossed a line and has gone too far. The balance of power here has been lost due to the pursuit of control. I think you guys in the back need to reevaluate what this community is going to become if you try to control everything people say.
They take after the leaders, the only standards they have is what society sets which is constantly changing for the worse.

/ TBN Censoring #6  
Are your removed posts discussing any of the following topics?
Avoid these topics

• Excessive profanity (whether filtered or not)

• Signature contains profanity, commercial links (unless an advertiser), inappropriate content, links to inappropriate content or content that appears to be there just to provoke other members or their known beliefs.

• Discussion of politics or religion

• Impolitely criticizing moderators, admins or site policies. Feedback is welcome but please don't target moderators, they do the best they can.

• Mentioning dealer names in threads discussing problems or disputes with dealers.

• Posting any private communications received from another party
If so I cant fault the mods for doing their job.

/ TBN Censoring #7  
One advertiser quoted Donald ***** to make make a point. I did not see the problem with the quote as it was not intended to be offensive but rather in response to a personal attack. That caused a lashing from another member that is not a fan of *****. I responded who knew quoting a elected president of the US would be such a negative thing. All the post including mine were removed and should have been.

/ TBN Censoring #9  
Bottom line here is a couple things... One, this forum ( like most forums today) is populated by blue ribbon whiners they whine to management of something isn't 100% to their liking....

Whining has become a national pastime in this country today...

Secondly, there is a certain moderator who will remain nameless (I believe we all know who it ls) who 'prunes' threads solely based on his biased opinions and not the AUP (users agreement).

I will say in all honesty, I've never 'reported' anyone for anything, if I don't agree. I don't comment. I do report spam but that is it.

Had more than a few comments pulled over the years. Candidly, I don't much care however. If I have a comment to post, I do. You want to whine about it, be my guest. This ain't the only related forum I frequent.

I like this forum because it's privately owned unlike most forums today and I prefer that. When I find out a forum is owner by a conglomerate like Vertical Scope, I quit them and never go back.

Just how I roll.

Yhis is just an Internet forum, not life and death.

/ TBN Censoring #10  
If we stuck to tractors I think the line would be much clearer and very seldom crossed.

However with photo posts, favorite sayings/movies posts, recipes, farm life, etc - many of those can easily and quickly crossover into something political or offensive.

I don’t read most of those. I stick with tractors and implements (as in TRACTORbynet). In fact I’d just as soon all those go away but they don’t bother me as I can skip them. But they often become breeding grounds for off-topic issues that more purely technical conversations do not.

I’ve got no problem with posts being removed because of any reason, even misspellings. This is someone else’s forum and money and time not mine. His/her/their rules. Not the government, so free speech doesn’t apply.

Anyone who doesn’t like it is free to go start their own forum with their own time and money and post anything they wish (within legal limits). Here on TBN, adhere to TbN rules or risk having a post deleted.

Status
Not open for further replies.