Taxes on tractors

/ Taxes on tractors #51  
CT taxes unregistered vehicles including campers, RV’s, snowmobiles, trailers, trucks, passenger cars, tractors, off-road construction vehicles. We even tax horses each year. If you have a farm with $15K in farm income, then you get exemptions for your buildings, equipment etc. Tax rate is set by each town, and ranges from $11 per $1000 of value to $68 per $1000. My town is $33 so a new $50,000 tractor is rated at 70% value or $35,000 and the tax on year 1 would be $33 x 35 or $1,155.

We also pay sales tax on everything we buy. Vehicles under $50K are 6.35%. Over $50K is 7.75%. They get you coming and going!
That seems evil. I have a cousin in western CT. I'll have to ask her if they are staying after she retires. (She's just a few months older than me)

/ Taxes on tractors #52  
That seems evil. I have a cousin in western CT. I'll have to ask her if they are staying after she retires. (She's just a few months older than me)
I know I am out of CT as soon as I retire!

/ Taxes on tractors #53  
One reason I love Oregon. No Sales Tax.

/ Taxes on tractors #54  
One reason I love Oregon. No Sales Tax.

You have a state income tax though. The bracket starting points are also low. It jumps to 8.75 percent at just $9400. Alaska and New Hampshire are the only states without sales tax or income tax.

/ Taxes on tractors #55  
I love Oregon because you can have a freaken yard sale and not have to report anything. In Maryland, they wanted you to account for everything. Even Used sales. This just made everyone a small criminal, in a state of small criminals. :)