t9 hydraulic oil temp.

/ t9 hydraulic oil temp. #1  
Tractor
terramite t9
has anyone ever shot the hydraulic oil temp. with a temp. gun? im asking because i was operating at full operating temp. with the outside temp at around 94 degrees and wearing flip flops so i could feel the hot hot tank temp. the tank is at the proper level checking with all cylinders retracted.

/ t9 hydraulic oil temp.
took temp. with my heat gun. this is what i got with t9 fully hot and been working with engine off - 1. hydraulic fluid shot with filler cap off 127 degrees 2. outside of hydraulic tank 140 degrees 3. outside of hydraulic pump 176 degrees. are these normal temps?? oh and the outside temp was about 95 degrees.

/ t9 hydraulic oil temp. #3  
At 95 ambient, sounds about right. You might want to consider an additional fan. I'm installing one in the cavity with the pump just to clear heat away from the tank. Also, run, the machine above idle, below work rpm a few minutes before shutting down to allow the cooling system to do what it can when not under load.

/ t9 hydraulic oil temp.
At 95 ambient, sounds about right. You might want to consider an additional fan. I'm installing one in the cavity with the pump just to clear heat away from the tank. Also, run, the machine above idle, below work rpm a few minutes before shutting down to allow the cooling system to do what it can when not under load.

thank you for the reply. i think a fan in the hyd. pump area would be a good idea. i forgot to say those temps were with the foot plate off because i was painting it so the pump had plenty of air. with the foot plate in place without a fan it would get really hot in the enclosed area! let us know what kind of fan u use and how u mount it. i think air in that area would help temps.stay down.

/ t9 hydraulic oil temp. #5  
umm, I think with the radiator temperature at 180 and blowing hot air across the oil cooler the 140 degrees on the oil tank sounds right, and is also my temp gun reading on the hot tank of my T6. Maybe this is why the Terramite uses oil instead of hydraulic fluid? You will notice the hydraulics are sluggish until the hydraulic oil heats up. Definitely idle the machine for a few minutes after working hard, to clear the heat soak off the engine.