T700 3 pt Lift Capability

/ T700 3 pt Lift Capability #1  

Jerry/MT

Elite Member
Tractor
New Holland TD95D, Ford 4610 & Kubota M4500
In reviewing the specs on the TYM T700 and comparing that to the NH TN70, I find a big discrepancy in the three point lift capability at 24 inches behind the lift pins. First of all the numbers in the TYM spec are confusing and I think somone transposed the numbers converting from metric to English units. The spec says 2950 pounds or 1175 kg. 1175 kg = 2585 lbs. I did some calulations using the lift capability at the pins to calculate the lift capability at 24 inches behind the pins and I come up with 2597 lbs so that's close to the 1175 kg result. (I checked the calculation method with the numbers on the TYM T603 and was able to replicate their result.) So I think the number is basically 2590 lb at 24 inches .

The same number for the NH TN70 is 3960 pounds. That's a 1370 pound difference. I'm not sure whether TYM is sloppy with it's calculations or whether the lift has that low a capability.
So my question is this; Do any of you folks with T700's notice a lack of lift capability with the three point?

Last edited:
   / T700 3 pt Lift Capability #2  
I was wondering the same thing. I also see that the 700 is only 3 cylinders and their smaller T603 is 4. I can see from some of your prior posts you are still looking for a tractor. Have you looked at the 5400 MF series or the Kioti? I think TYM has some special pricing until mid January.

/ T700 3 pt Lift Capability
I was wondering the same thing. I also see that the 700 is only 3 cylinders and their smaller T603 is 4. I can see from some of your prior posts you are still looking for a tractor. Have you looked at the 5400 MF series or the Kioti? I think TYM has some special pricing until mid January.

The T603 is a CAT 4 banger but the displacement is like 135 cubes versus 172 cubes for the JD powered T700. I'm glad somebody else noticed the lift capability. The T603 lift is within a 100 lbs of the T700 lift capability and that looks suspicious to me.

/ T700 3 pt Lift Capability #4  
   / T700 3 pt Lift Capability #6  
Ops, I'm sorry, I read it as a statment, not as a question. I sent them an email and asked why there is no manual posted for the T903. Got an automatic email back, but will see how long it takes them to respond.

/ T700 3 pt Lift Capability #7  
Jerry,

Sorry I haven't checked on the site in a while! I'd looked hard at those numbers too, and can't remember off hand where I found some verification of the 4329lbs at the pins and 2950lbs at 24" (um, which on second thought, I guess leaves it "unofficial" :eek:).

I was worried about the same thing because I DO know that my Hardee rotary mower weighs in at just over 2250lbs, and it's always given my Ford 7000 a run for its money hydraulically. The tailwheels are ~8' behind the pins. What that puts the actual weight at in the 24" zone I don't know, but I was pleasantly surprised to find that the T-700 picks it up without even a grunt.

For what it's worth...

Larry

/ T700 3 pt Lift Capability
Jerry,

Sorry I haven't checked on the site in a while! I'd looked hard at those numbers too, and can't remember off hand where I found some verification of the 4329lbs at the pins and 2950lbs at 24" (um, which on second thought, I guess leaves it "unofficial" :eek:).

I was worried about the same thing because I DO know that my Hardee rotary mower weighs in at just over 2250lbs, and it's always given my Ford 7000 a run for its money hydraulically. The tailwheels are ~8' behind the pins. What that puts the actual weight at in the 24" zone I don't know, but I was pleasantly surprised to find that the T-700 picks it up without even a grunt.

For what it's worth...

Larry

Thanks for the input, Larrry.