T6 Info wanted ?

/ T6 Info wanted ? #1  

Matt W

Silver Member
Tractor
65, 3000 Ford D, Terramite T6
Hello All,
I traded my T5C or maybe B on a T6-D today. I think about 12 years newer upgrade. I would really appreciate any information anyone would be willing to share. So very little on this machine online! I have no idea what it might weigh, lift capacity on either end and other things. Thanks

/ T6 Info wanted ? #2  
Hello All,
I traded my T5C or maybe B on a T6-D today. I think about 12 years newer upgrade. I would really appreciate any information anyone would be willing to share. So very little on this machine online! I have no idea what it might weigh, lift capacity on either end and other things. Thanks
Good trade! Find t9 specs, nearly identical. Basically ~1998 they changed the model name. Most of my posts in the terramite forum are about my T6. Awesome machine.

This page has some info and seems pretty accurate.

/ T6 Info wanted ?
Thanks agonies, I'll be looking back through your contributions. And yeah, this one seems like a beast compared to the t5. Just delivered last night, so no chance to do actual work yet.

/ T6 Info wanted ? #4  
You're welcome! Definitely consider upgrading to the dual cylinder loader style. This is a primary difference between the T6 and t9. It will keep you from tearing up loader arms and cylinders. Lmk if I can help.

/ T6 Info wanted ?
Yeah, what you did with the loader mod is great. By the time the piggy bank recovers from the trade, I'll know if I need that. Got to dig a little today, it's a beast compared to the T5. I really like the look and feel of those big fat tires. Checked on fluid for them today. Local shop will do it here both for $130 (19 gallons per tire). But they no longer have beet juice, now using an alcohol based liquid.

So you are saying the T6 is basically an older version of the T9, correct? So where does the T7 fall in the mix? I downloaded the parts manual for T7. Maybe I should get the one for T9 if it's available.
A little rough cosmetically from living outside but she seems mechanically tight.
DF993396-8040-4C26-B8FF-412828D887BD_1_201_a.jpeg

Last edited:
   / T6 Info wanted ? #6  
   / T6 Info wanted ?
Thanks,
Is your go pedal mounted crocked like this one? It looks as if it's meant to be this way but seems clumsy after using, the old T5 was straight.

Added a bass boat seat today, comfy. Bottom cushion was missing on the original and was quoted $120 for a replacement cushion. 3174B80A-5D95-4C4C-804D-B29B456EABAE_1_201_a.jpegB3EEFD35-12B5-41E3-974D-8ACB8DE5D260_1_201_a.jpeg

/ T6 Info wanted ? #8  
Looks comfy.

That looks like the same position of my pedal. I'll check when I get back to the machine. It's adjustable, for example, if you ever lose most of reverse, check the pedal hasn't rocked back on the shaft.

/ T6 Info wanted ? #9  
Congratulations Matt. I love my T6, it is a tough little machine. Biggest issue I've had was about half the hydraulic hoses were original to the machine so they all started blowing out. The original hoses have "Terramite" on them, so if you see that label, plan on replacing those hoses. Biggest drawback to the T6 is the reduced swing angle on the backhoe.

The go pedal feels awkward on mine, plus the seat tracks are no longer adjustable, so I stuck a bolt in the tread to give me a better angle.

Common failure point is the U-joint behind the motor, because a lot of owners don't know it's there and don't grease it. I've been giving mine one squirt of grease every couple of days and that seems to keep her happy.

Terrys Terramites will send you a T6 manual for the cost of copying it. His manual is mostly for a T9 with edits to cover the T6.

Common issue is the motor mounts going soft, allowing the motor to vibrate too much, and damage the radiator. I was able to tighten mine up by adding some right-sized washers into the motor mounts, but plan to replace soon (purchased from Terrys).

Common mods are -
-convert to electric fuel pump - already done on mine, makes it much easier to bleed
- handle extension on the pedal - see MODS string - mostly handy for moving the machine when you are in backhoe mode
- double bucket cylinders - Watch out for cracks in the FEL arms, apparently a common issue. Look under/inside the reinforcement plate at the change of angle for a crack in the FEL arm. I will post a picture. The only time I've wished for more curl power though is when I was lifting something too heavy.
- add a block heater if you need to start it in the cold - makes all the difference for me

Enjoy!

/ T6 Info wanted ? #10  
You can see from the discoloration, this crack along the bottom edge started years ago. Check your T6 to see if you have the same problem.

Attachments

• FEL damage.jpg
    FEL damage.jpg
    5 MB · Views: 259