T574 Buddy Seat?

/ T574 Buddy Seat? #1  

NMBlackBetty

Tractor
TYM574C, Massey 1726e, Massey 2606h, TYM 1104
Looking to see if any of you guys have any ideas on how to get some sort of a buddy seat into a T574. I know it's a small cab and would be clumsy and in the way sometimes, but my daughter will have a fit if I can't figure it out. She's been riding with me since she was a newborn in a car seat strapped to the buddy seat of my bigger tractors. It saved my marriage by being able to drive the baby to sleep and dealing with Cholic while I worked the late nights, my wife thought I was a god. My daughter has grown so fond of riding in the tractor while I work, she is almost always with me. Most of our tractors are large and come with buddy seats. We just ordered a T574 for materials handling because of the Hydrostat trans and I will likely be spending 10-15 hours a week in it. The kid will kill me if I can't get some sort of a seat in there for her. It's a small child, 4yrs old, but I can't have her on my lap. Just need a seat, and a seat belt for her. Her first word was literally tractor.

Please save me the long list of reasons why it's not a good idea and how hard of a problem it will be to solve, I'm already aware, but nobody is making tractors in the size that have buddy seats that are hydrostatic and I HAVE TO HAVE a hydrostatic tractor for material handling. I'm really just looking for some outside-the-box thinking and ideas that may lead me toward a solution. I don't care about cost, I cant put a price on the smile on my daughter's face all day when she is riding in the tractors with me. Seriously.... If it was going to cost me $10,000 to solve this problem, I would cut the check and smile.

/ T574 Buddy Seat? #2  
Some of the smaller JD's had one I'm thinking it was in the 5000 series it was a very compact foldup unit.
Something like this may be adaptable for you;
1676498783358.png

/ T574 Buddy Seat? #3  
Outside the box?....hold my beer.

You know those baby jump seat things you can suspend in a doorway? You may need to duct tape a couple together for a 4 year old. Take the door off of one side of the cab. Bolt that bad boy on the cab, slap a fb helmet on her head..maybe some knee pads and elbow pads, oh, and one of them mouth guards left over from your glory days of HS football...then you two are off to the races. Wait, maybe go slow, she'll be bouncing like crazy. It'll be loads of fun and as long as you are careful there is probably ok odds she will not be permanently injured. You're not going in the woods or brambles, right?

Good luck to you both. The 574 has a spacious cab, but that's a bit tight. Maybe have her on your shoulders? Heck, another year or so and you can train her to use the thing and you can 'supervise' from a safe distance.

/ T574 Buddy Seat? #4  
Here is what is in my Workmaster 75. It is not cheap, $807 for the seat kit with the mounting bracket and seatbelt. About a 1/4 of the seat is hinged so it folds out of the way when not in use. I attached the parts diagram.

1677024369711.jpeg

Attachments

• nh-152991-361921-3277046.pdf
    237.7 KB · Views: 91
Last edited:
   / T574 Buddy Seat? #5  
What about figuring how to mount a ATV sxs bump seat? Has a 4 point harness brackets that bolt to something 70 lb cap lots of different models and options available if your somewhat handy to build a mounting plate. Bought one to put my youngest in when sxs riding. Anyways I was kind of in the same boat with my old open station tractor I ended up buying the most inexpensive cabbed tractor I could find at the time, to somewhat safely let one of the kids ride with me when I'm gently working it, just turned out to be a Kubota and now finally runs amazing lol.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230221-195438.png
    Screenshot_20230221-195438.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 63
Last edited:
   / T574 Buddy Seat? #6  
Looking to see if any of you guys have any ideas on how to get some sort of a buddy seat into a T574. I know it's a small cab and would be clumsy and in the way sometimes, but my daughter will have a fit if I can't figure it out. She's been riding with me since she was a newborn in a car seat strapped to the buddy seat of my bigger tractors. It saved my marriage by being able to drive the baby to sleep and dealing with Cholic while I worked the late nights, my wife thought I was a god. My daughter has grown so fond of riding in the tractor while I work, she is almost always with me. Most of our tractors are large and come with buddy seats. We just ordered a T574 for materials handling because of the Hydrostat trans and I will likely be spending 10-15 hours a week in it. The kid will kill me if I can't get some sort of a seat in there for her. It's a small child, 4yrs old, but I can't have her on my lap. Just need a seat, and a seat belt for her. Her first word was literally tractor.

Please save me the long list of reasons why it's not a good idea and how hard of a problem it will be to solve, I'm already aware, but nobody is making tractors in the size that have buddy seats that are hydrostatic and I HAVE TO HAVE a hydrostatic tractor for material handling. I'm really just looking for some outside-the-box thinking and ideas that may lead me toward a solution. I don't care about cost, I cant put a price on the smile on my daughter's face all day when she is riding in the tractors with me. Seriously.... If it was going to cost me $10,000 to solve this problem, I would cut the check and smile.
Did you solve this problem? I'm looking at buying a 574 hc for doing random bush hogging/farm work. My son would love to ride with me, but I'm hoping to do something more than a bucket for him.

/ T574 Buddy Seat? #7  
I tried to be humorous last time. This may be out of the box a bit, too, but more realistic.

My 574h is open Station, but I did test drive a cab model.

Extreme heavy duty velcro (its a real thing). If you can fashion a basic seat with a back that matches the space. Depending on the size of your kid, you can probably do it. May want to add some screws. The weak point is the adhesive. The advantage is that when she gets too big, it is easy to remove.