T494 Arrived

/ T494 Arrived #12  
ok, I drove one of these today and am really looking at buying it vs the LS347...any feedback on the tractor since you bought it or thoughts on it vs the LS?

/ T494 Arrived #14  
we need some thoughts on TYM.
I sent some via PM. :)

For those just browsing...the TYM and LS models are pretty close in features. There are a few key advantages for TYM. Mostly, the lift specs. In this class of machine, TYM has about 15" and 100lbs on the LS FEL. 100lbs isn't much but when you factor in the additional height, it would be more at the same height. TYM also has much more breakout force, too. The 3pt hitch also has a great deal more lift capacity. TYM is better prepared for 3rd function addition as well.

The LS has slightly more hydraulic flow, meaning the cycle time for the loader functions should be a wee bit faster.

The rest is mostly comfort and personal preference. I found somewhat better pricing on the TYM, but close enough where it wouldn't make a difference to me. In some cases, it could be about dealer as well, but I understand the dealer is the same in this case.

/ T494 Arrived #15  
The 4820 has been a great unit thus far. The remotes weren't standard, but an affordable option. The lift height is so much better than the LS. I love the non ECM motor. I use it mainly for PTO work, so it's run hard.
For me it was between the LS MT347 and TYM 4820. I chose the TYM for the 4 range hydro transmission and the non ECM motor mainly. Hydraulic flow is nearly identical. Cycle times are quick... I actually installed flow restrictors on the hydraulic top link. Cost was not a factor.

Last edited:
   / T494 Arrived #16  
Clover....our choice has been MT347 vs MT357 and now the the T494. What is the diff between the 4820 and the T494?

/ T494 Arrived #17  
Clover....our choice has been MT347 vs MT357 and now the the T494. What is the diff between the 4820 and the T494?
The 4820 rear is built heavier. All steel, no composite. 4-range hydro, not three . Also, looking at fabrication and welds, the 4820 seemed more robust. Time will tell.

Last edited:
   / T494 Arrived #18  
looked into it...the higher bucket lift and 1000 lb more 3 point is more important for our application. looks like the 4820 is legacy branson and the 494 is legacy TYM there was concern the 4820 would not continue with the line after the merger