T273 made in china???

/ T273 made in china??? #11  
Maybe I am thinking of Montana or Kioti, but I swear there was a moment when East Coast TYM imported a bunch of chinese tractors and badged them TYM. It was a brief test that failed if I am not mistaken. Maybe this is one leftover as Stump feels this tractor is new (you have a picture of the whole thing?)

/ T273 made in china???
I called tym-usa trying to find out what's the difference between these 2 versions of the same tractor and when this particular tractor was manufactured. Guess what? they don't know or I was talking to the wrong guy after being transfered several times. Flyer91 pointed me to the service manual on how to read the serical number. However, I still don't know what the code meant?????? What is the manufacture year for the letter "H"???? Here's what it said in the manual...

Last edited:
   / T273 made in china??? #13  
That must be older than a year. I have been selling the K2 for over 1 1/2 years now and have never seen that decal. We have not had any hose problems but our tractors don't sit out in the sun for years either. They do sit in some cold rainy and snowy weather but not for long.

Maka

/ T273 made in china??? #14  
I hadn't looked at how the codes are written.
My help was about as useful as breasts on a bull .... unless you have the secrete decoder/bazooka whistle ring. :eek:

woodlandfarms is probably right about the origin of that tractor.
I do think I'd pass on that one Tom, and look for a dealer that has current 'TYM' stock.

As far as cracked hoses, it made me think a bit, and for those of us that live in the sun belt and can't park under a cover of some sort, we probably should get the type of spiral hose wrap that is used on (dare I say it) Jinmas.
That appears to be a good way to protect the hoses from the ravages of the sun

/ T273 made in china???
woodlandfarms said:
Maybe I am thinking of Montana or Kioti, but I swear there was a moment when East Coast TYM imported a bunch of chinese tractors and badged them TYM. It was a brief test that failed if I am not mistaken. Maybe this is one leftover as Stump feels this tractor is new (you have a picture of the whole thing?)

Here's a picture of it. I don't have a picture of the side view. I was trying to compare the engine cover to see if it's the same as the current model. The color does look very dull. I just inform the dealer that I will pass on this one.

Last edited:
   / T273 made in china??? #16  
woodlandfarms said:

Here ya go, it was marketed as the ET350

Buck

Attachments

• ET350.jpg
    ET350.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 286
   / T273 made in china??? #17  
EFC said:
Here ya go, it was marketed as the ET350

Buck

A very short lived venture.

Maka