T273 bracket breaking due to vibration

/ T273 bracket breaking due to vibration #1  

TYMinColton

Gold Member
Tractor
2008 TYM T273 w/ FEL - 100 hrs, 1962ish Ford 881D project - hrs unknown
Hey Fellas,
Within the first 10 hours the muffler bracket cracked clean due to engine vibration. No problem - known problem that was promptly fixed under warranty. However, now I've noticed that the fuel "bulb" mounting bracket on the right-side of the tractor has also cracked clean. Anyone else had this problem? I probably wouldn't have noticed, but I keep hearing a really subtle rattling under the hood that sounded a bit weird. Took a while to track down the problem.

Haven't contacted my dealer just yet - thought I'd check around to see if this was a "new" common issue with the K2's.

Pete

Last edited:
   / T273 bracket breaking due to vibration #2  
Same problem here. Fixed it myself with a welder.

Roady

/ T273 bracket breaking due to vibration #3  
I OWE you a beer! Just checked and the bracket that holds the fuel filter is broke in half up high. Just about 62hrs now so maybe I will be having the dealer do the 50hr service instead. Maybe I could get a new muffler too..

Thanks for posting this issue. I thought the T273 vibration issues were all taken care of in the USA..

Attachments

• fuel_filter_bracket.JPG
    fuel_filter_bracket.JPG
    341.6 KB · Views: 308
   / T273 bracket breaking due to vibration
Yup, that's the one. Thanks for posting a pic, definitely better than my description of a fuel-bulb "thingy". Guess it's time to let our dealers know that this failure is more than just an isolated case. Maybe TYM America will step-up to the plate and send our replacements? They've been darned good about these things thus far :) .
Pete

/ T273 bracket breaking due to vibration #5  
Yep had both the muffler and the fuel pump bracket break on my montana t2734(tym). Had less than 100 hours on it. Warranty repaired the muffler, I will repair the fuel pump bracket myself because my dealer sucks.

Sorry to hear your dealer sucks Bud, I've been really happy with my dealer and it's one of the major reasons (besides price/quality) I chose to go with TYM for my first tractor purchase.

Hey, any TYM dealers out there who might be able to comment on whether this apparent "defect" will be, or is covered under warranty? Steve? Maka?

I don't weld so I'm going to have to find a replacement part.

Regards,
Pete

/ T273 bracket breaking due to vibration #7  
Decided to go ahead and weld mine up. Hopefully it holds for awhile. Anyway for those that want the part number for the bracket, here you go. Tym Part# 13151062102DG

Thanks, now we owe you your favorite cold adult beverage. So, I wonder if it's basically the same part. If so, something tells me it's likely to break again in 10+ hours without adding some sort of dampener.

/ T273 bracket breaking due to vibration #9  
I must have gotten just plain lucky on the muffler issue. I have the old mount and so far it hasn't cracked anywhere I can see. I am keeping a close watch on it, but so far nothing.

I am well past the point of trying to "baby" my 273 and on a few occasions have gotten pretty mad at a stubborn stump, causing me to do some things that most would consider "tractor abuse". (Please don't report me...I don't want the state coming in and taking my baby from me) :( I think the resultant slam that occurs when you have a few wheels off the ground and a stump finally decides to give way would have broken it, if it was going to break. I mean it's enough to pop the hood up and make my back hurt the next morning.

I'll have to keep watch on the fuel bowl bracket. Hopefully I am just as lucky on that piece.

/ T273 bracket breaking due to vibration #10  
I must have gotten just plain lucky on the muffler issue. I have the old mount and so far it hasn't cracked anywhere I can see. I am keeping a close watch on it, but so far nothing.

I am well past the point of trying to "baby" my 273 and on a few occasions have gotten pretty mad at a stubborn stump, causing me to do some things that most would consider "tractor abuse". (Please don't report me...I don't want the state coming in and taking my baby from me) :( I think the resultant slam that occurs when you have a few wheels off the ground and a stump finally decides to give way would have broken it, if it was going to break. I mean it's enough to pop the hood up and make my back hurt the next morning.

I'll have to keep watch on the fuel bowl bracket. Hopefully I am just as lucky on that piece.

How many hours do you have on your tractor now? My muffler broke loose at probably less than 50 hours and the fuel pump bracket at around 100 hours. The cause of the break is from motor vibration. Both parts would probably break with the tractor just running at idle. I don't think these little tractors will hold up over the long haul. More like a oversized lawn mower.