T264 Grease Type & Schedule question - Newbie here

/ T264 Grease Type & Schedule question - Newbie here #1  

AdamWorth

Tractor
TYM T262HC
As the title says, I am a tractor newbie, just bought my first tractor ever. It is a T264 with a loader and cab. I was watching a youtube video of the T264 and the youtuber mentions to "grease every 8 hours". I looked at my owner's manual, and nowhere does it mention anything about greasing every 8 hours. I've just hit 8 hours on my tractor, so I'd like to make sure I am following the recommended maintenance schedule. The only thing the owner's manual says is to "Grease in front wheel hub" at 100 hours and to "Grease each nipple" at every 50 hours. This is where I am getting confused.... I did some googling around and on TYM's site it says this:
  • Grease every eight hours of operation. This is the standard recommendation for most tractors, but some lubrication points have different greasing intervals, so it's important to refer to the manual. Don’t skip greasing intervals, even if your tractor appears to be running fine. By the time you notice a problem, it may be too late to fix it.
  • Remove old grease before applying new grease. Because some greases are made of different components and not always compatible with one another, any old grease should be completely removed before switching over to a new grease.
  • Keep grease fittings clean. Before you re-grease, make sure to clean off the grease fittings in order to prevent dirt from getting into the bearing. Dirt can become caked on grease fittings and result in equipment failure.
It says it is important to "refer to the manual" yet the manual mentions nothing about greasing every 8 hours. It also does not mention at all which grease to use or which type of grease the tractor came with from the factory. I figured this is important info to have since it mentions to "remove old grease" before applying new grease.

Anyway, if someone can point me in the right direction it will be much appreciated, I just want to make sure that I follow the recommended schedule. Also, I do own a grease gun, but have zero clue which grease to get.

Thanks in advance!!

/ T264 Grease Type & Schedule question - Newbie here #2  
8 hours seems like lots of work. Won't hurt to do it that often.. Nice to have you here with us.

/ T264 Grease Type & Schedule question - Newbie here #3  
I'm not going to claim it's "right" but for my equipment that has a chance of getting rained on I use marine grease. Local auto parts usually has lucas brand on the shelf

/ T264 Grease Type & Schedule question - Newbie here #4  
I like to use a grease with molybdenum disulfide for sliding surfaces like the front loader, pedal shafts, etc. I prefer a lithium grease or that Lucas tacky grease for roller and ball bearings. Removing all old grease would probably involve disassembly and solvents. That sounds like overkill. Just choose a grease and keep using it. The new grease should push the old out.

/ T264 Grease Type & Schedule question - Newbie here #5  
The owner/operators of backhoes and excavators, grease the working joints every morning, as part of their morning inspection. It gives them a chance to check for loose bolts, cracked welds on the bucket, etc.

I have started doing the same on my little 233, becasue it keeps loosing linch pins.

/ T264 Grease Type & Schedule question - Newbie here #6  
You can have a shelf full of different types of grease or break it down by what gets used most ... A good all around all purpose lithium grease will work well with most equipment..
you can keep a tube of high temp lithium if you grease high speed parts bearings, spindles u joint's often..
Also a tube of marine grease if stuff gets rained on and sits in weather for prolonged periods and not used.
Those are the 3 to keep handy..
Going to have 3 or more grease guns or just use 1 or 2 mainly and swap grease tubes before empty?
I keep 2 grease guns 1 for red lithium and 1 for marine grease. Since mower spindles gets greased most often ..
and boat motor and trailer hubs for other

"Heard ole timers say more than once wrong grease is better than no grease"

/ T264 Grease Type & Schedule question - Newbie here #7  
My user manual for my T474 has intervals of greasing every 10h on the loader and 50h on grease points on the chassis. And that is what I'm sticking to, I use just generic red tacky marine grease.