T140 Belly Pan Clean out?

/ T140 Belly Pan Clean out? #1  

JPinnell

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota B7800 - wLA402 and 72" MMM
This is my 1st skid steer, but I'm not new to tractors and equipment. I bought a used T140 for around the place. I know the previous owner. The important parts of it are very well maintained, fluids, filters, greased, etc. However cosmetically it needs some love. So far I've swapped the battery, tray, and hold downs. A new starter which was very easy to get to. Now I'm tackling the leaking exhaust and muffler. So to get to the exhaust manifold bolts I had to raise the cab. Not the easiest to get too, but with about 3ft of extensions I got all the bolts free only to find out I had the wrong size exhaust flange gasket!!!

Seemed like a good time to pressure wash everything of 15yrs of grime. Hoping to make it easier to find any leaking hoses, etc. I soaked everything down with Simple Green. Before everything was brown, no I can see all kinds of things in there :) I found the access plates in front of the foot pedals. Blew a ton of crap out of there, couple gloves, good times. There seems to be a lot of mud packed around the drive belt area and under the hoses on the left side. Is there another access panel? Or should I pull the front of the tracks up on block, pull the battery, and try to rinse all of this out the back? Probably close to a 5 gallon bucket full. Quite a bit of mud up under the oil pan and I blew that out, just dirt, was not black and oily so I'm hoping there is no oil pan holes or leaks from rocks under there.

/ T140 Belly Pan Clean out? #2  
Nothing wrong with giving it a good cleaning. Not something you have to do each year. Maybe that's ten years worth of gunk after a lot of hours.

I have to remove a belly pan/skid plate on my skidsteer to change the oil. Usually scrape the crud off when I do. Otherwise mine is pretty "open"; I always give it a good pressure wash before winter to get mud out of the tracks and such so that it doesn't freeze up and cause problems when snow blowing.

i also use rattle cans to touch up the paint each year, mainly to reduce potential rust

/ T140 Belly Pan Clean out?
Well the T140 has 2500hrs on the little Kubota motor and it very well could be 15yrs worth of crud. Just seemed like a bunch of mud more so on the belt side, but maybe that's normal and any debris gets flung off the belt and ends up there? Tracks are about 90% so for my needs this should cover the next 10yrs as I will likely put a 200 hrs this 1st yr and then 50 or so after that.

If no one else chimes in I will prop the front end up a bit, pull the battery, and try and flush it out the back end.