T-Post Puller for Front End Loader

/ T-Post Puller for Front End Loader #11  
Does the TSC puller bend the t post as it comes out?
I use the same method, if you are right above the T-post and pull straight out then it would not bend. If you pull sideways then yes It would bend the T-post usually low closer to the round. Just need to be careful to avoid bending the T-post. Having a helper works real well to avoid getting on and off the tractor.

/ T-Post Puller for Front End Loader #12  
I seldom pull any of my T-145 posts. I just tip the grapple so it's pulling straight up - out they come.

/ T-Post Puller for Front End Loader #13  
Like I said previously, I just use my spose to hook the chain to the tee post or wooden post or whatever and... If you hook it at or near the top, the Tee post or wooden post will come out without bending or breaking. Never seen or had any need for a puller except a chain and my FEL and I've pulled literally hundreds over the years. I use my Shaver post pounder to install them (wood or metal) posts. Not into driving posts, augering holes or backfilling them and all the labor involved. You pound them in and they are instantly stable and stout. In fact I have a nice 3 point auger hanging in a tree that has been there unused for about 10 years now.

/ T-Post Puller for Front End Loader
Well it worked good on flat ground, out in a rough gopher mound ridden hay field with fence rows that are naturally built up higher than surrounding grade (sandy ground).... my contraption caused more frustration than anything. I pulled about 15 posts with it before I decided to swallow my pride and grab a good ol' chain :)

I've gotten pretty efficient by myself, pulled over 100 is my guess. It is 98 degrees here with 101 heat index and its only 1:15pm.... so I didn't try very hard to get a helper, thank goodness I have a canopy on my tractor, that's a life saver.

Attachments

• VideoCapture_20220805-131642.jpg
    VideoCapture_20220805-131642.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 114
   / T-Post Puller for Front End Loader #15  
Bummer. I had hopes for your contraption. I liked how you could pull them and release them, without getting off of the tractor.

/ T-Post Puller for Front End Loader #18  
Does the TSC puller bend the t post as it comes out?
Thought I use my wife and a chain, I'd say the farther down the T post you place the puller, the more likely it is to bend the post. Same applies to my chain and loader pull. In my case the pull chain goes as high up on the post as possible. I pull (and set) way more wood posts (4x4 or 4x6 treated) than anything else and my Shaver pounds them in quite nicely.

/ T-Post Puller for Front End Loader #19  
I don't have a lot of T posts to pull, and I have no idea when I'll finish my new fence, which is when I'll have to pull those T posts. I'm guessing around 50 of them. I've used the chain, and it works find, but I tend to bend half of them. I also hate having to get off the tractor to wrap the chain, then get off the tractor to unwrap the chain. Seems like I'm wasting a lot of time.

I think the answer is something like in the picture. It would grab the post from two sides after its lowered over the T post. Then it tightens up as it's lifted, wedging onto the T post tight, as it's pulled out. Then it comes loose when you lower the T post, and comes off on it's own.

I'd spend more time trying to figure out how to make it then I would getting off and on the tractor to wrap the chain around the T post, but if I could buy one, that would be really tempting.

2075f0482d3e19a345b30e65f24a40f0.jpg

/ T-Post Puller for Front End Loader #20  
Have some old, 50 years, metal post that are hard to pull up. Some predate the T-post. Flanged angle steel with slots for wires. Red clay seems to react with the steel and pull up like imbedded in concrete. Some snap off at ground level. Pain to dig up as not wanting a future tire puncture. Use chain. Those pulling plates might be useful.

Have used the Danuser Intimdator. The instructions say not to grip metal posts.