T-6 Glow Plug Timer number/source

/ T-6 Glow Plug Timer number/source #1  

Matt W

Silver Member
Tractor
65, 3000 Ford D, Terramite T6
So, my machine last week after a couple of hard work began activating the glow plugs. The result is a rattling noise, I suspect pre-ignition. As a stop gap I plan to put a toggle switch in the power wire to the glow plugs. Only have a manual for T-9. It gives P/N 70038 which is I'm guessing a Terramite specific number because nothing searching the number seems right for this application. Anyone know a generic part number for this Perkins T-6 timer-relay?

Side note: While searching for a damaged or burned wire as the source of unwanted glow plug activation I accidentally / unknowingly dislodged the fuel solenoid wire. This caused a few hours of frustration unnecessarily bleeding the fuel system etc. before finding the wire off. On restart the timer preformed as it should, so this timer failure must be a random event.

/ T-6 Glow Plug Timer number/source #2  
Get a Standard Motor Parts RY53. It's the exact same part repackaged. I bought mine at Rockauto a couple of years ago for about $25 but they are out of stock now.

Did a quick search and it looks like everybody is out of stock. When I got my T-6, the wiring was a mess and somebody had wired in a pushbutton to the glowplugs.

Last edited:
   / T-6 Glow Plug Timer number/source
Thanks Dart, you're "The Man."