Suggestions for a pressure tester

/ Suggestions for a pressure tester #1  

BeezFun

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota B2710
It's too cold to do anything outside, so I want to make a pressure tester. I'm thinking a T fitting with a female quick disconnect, a male QD, and a 5000psi pressure gauge. Before I do this, any handy tips on how to make it better or more useful.

/ Suggestions for a pressure tester #2  
It's too cold to do anything outside, so I want to make a pressure tester. I'm thinking a T fitting with a female quick disconnect, a male QD, and a 5000psi pressure gauge. Before I do this, any handy tips on how to make it better or more useful.
5000 psi?

Make damn sure that every part is capable of handling that pressure. Unlike hydraulics, air causes explosions!

/ Suggestions for a pressure tester #3  
HPTG-2-Medium.jpg

One can almost buy one for same price as ordering all the parts and assembling it oneself...

/ Suggestions for a pressure tester #4  
It's too cold to do anything outside, so I want to make a pressure tester. I'm thinking a T fitting with a female quick disconnect, a male QD, and a 5000psi pressure gauge.
Your thinking is what I did, but I used a 4000psi gauge:
P2120009.JPG

The view of relief pressure from the V417 seat:
P1300010.JPG

Last edited:
   / Suggestions for a pressure tester
One can almost buy one for same price as ordering all the parts and assembling it oneself...
I'll look into that, the hose might not be a bad idea to make it easier to hook up.

/ Suggestions for a pressure tester #6  
I'll look into that, the hose might not be a bad idea to make it easier to hook up.
At least with hose you can move gauge amount to here you can look at it from various positions.... Might be a real convince of you are adjusting pressure and you can actually have gauge facing you when actuating a control...

If you are constantly monitoring something it may be ok for a gauge on "T" connection.... But if just occasional check or adjust its ok to "deadhead" a control long enough to get a reading... Just being able to plug into a hydraulic line to FEL momentarily may be enough to test system...

Last edited:
   / Suggestions for a pressure tester #7  
If you use a hose run it from the tee to the gauge so you can monitor the working pressure.

I can see the pressure on the brush hog, 500 psi in grass, goes up over 1000 in brush:
P7250005.JPG

/ Suggestions for a pressure tester #8  
Hyd gauges are most accurate in the middle of the scale, I like 5000psi for most systems but add a quick connect to change guages.

Attachments

• 68197241-A299-4D91-977A-5C09BF8122E3.jpeg
    68197241-A299-4D91-977A-5C09BF8122E3.jpeg
    275.7 KB · Views: 70
   / Suggestions for a pressure tester #9  
I'd use a hose in conjunction with a gauge AND both the male and female QD. Then you can use it inline as well as for deadheading a circuit.

/ Suggestions for a pressure tester #10  
I use a Stant pressure tester ... screws right on to the expansion tank , it seems they were made for our cars