Sub Compact owners, a couple questions for you

/ Sub Compact owners, a couple questions for you #41  
one of your first commets was[ springs at the farm] do they dry up at times ? stay wet alot? here at our farm we have springs also and they stay wet till end of May or June depending on weather, my BX will mow these areas with no problems in 4 wheel at these times of the year with a zero turn you would be dragin it out with your larger tractors. I've tested a zero turn and speed is hard to beat but all things considered like the above mention wet conditions I fell for all around the Bx with a 60" is my best choice

/ Sub Compact owners, a couple questions for you
redharley said:
one of your first commets was[ springs at the farm] do they dry up at times ? stay wet alot? here at our farm we have springs also and they stay wet till end of May or June depending on weather, my BX will mow these areas with no problems in 4 wheel at these times of the year with a zero turn you would be dragin it out with your larger tractors. I've tested a zero turn and speed is hard to beat but all things considered like the above mention wet conditions I fell for all around the Bx with a 60" is my best choice

They usually stay wet till june. Thats why whatever I get will have to be 4wd.

/ Sub Compact owners, a couple questions for you #43  
I don't mind paying more for something that will last a long time. When I bought the CC I thought I was getting something good and for the most part it is but it hasn't met my expectations. I had a $1k Ranch king from Quality Farm and fleet that ran for 10 years with out any mechanical failures. I had to keep tightening the engine to the frame and the hood broke loose (plastic) so I didn't keep it on but it was easy to grease and it ran fine. I spend 3 times that on this Cub Cadet and while it has more power I am not happy with the deck on it. I've replaced two spindles already (their not cheap) and am hoping the third one last through the season. The hydro is a nice upgrade to the old standard tranny the Ranch King had but the CC isn't really that refined. MTD kind of threw it together and I learned my lesson. So I'm hoping to get a couple more years out of it then sell it off or keep it around as a backup but just want something more reliable, higher quality and diesel.

Sounds like my story almost exactly. I bought a $1200 mower, but it didn't last me 10 years. The spindles on the deck kept breaking and steering sucked and got real loose. I then bought a better riding mower, but like you, it just didn't get it done. I have a BX2350 and I've been much happier. It has held up much better, works on hills better, and I think its fairly easy to maintain. The truth is, money wise, I could have kept buying cheap mowers and been money ahead, but I hated mowing with the cheaper ones, and don't mind it so much with the BX, plus its safer. With mine, I also use the end loader a lot, and a rear blade to clear snow, so it does so much more than mow, but it doesn't sound like you need one for anything but mowing.

/ Sub Compact owners, a couple questions for you #44  
They usually stay wet till june. Thats why whatever I get will have to be 4wd.

Robert,

When you get to the JD dealer, be sure to check out the 1026R subcompact. It comes standard with 4 wheel drive, a great seat, great lighting, hydrostatic transmission, left side brake pedal and a 3 cylinder Yanmar diesel engine. Add a 60" deck and you'll be set for life as far as your mowing is concerned. Even the ROPS folds down so it won't be in the way when you drive under those fruit trees.

I have one with the H120 FEL and the 60D drive over MMM with Auto Connect and it's great - even on a slope and in wet grass.

Larry

/ Sub Compact owners, a couple questions for you #45  
Robert,

I have one with the H120 FEL and the 60D drive over MMM with Auto Connect and it's great - even on a slope and in wet grass.

Larry

That auto connect thingy ma jig deck IS pretty cool!!

Here are two sections of orchard behind my house so you guys can get an idea what I'm talking about. I need to trim them back but have not had the time. I started on the one section as I would trim a few trees when I had a few minutes. But as I trim I need to pick up limbs so I can keep mowed. A very slow process.

ForumRunner_20120505_194912.png

ForumRunner_20120505_194951.png

One more from the attic

ForumRunner_20120505_200355.png

I was at the Kubota dealer today picking up a part for my excavator and took the time to look over their mowers so I could get an idea on the sizes of them. I think a BX is out of the question for me. It is a nice machine but size wise it appears to be very similar to the GR and since all I want is 4wd and diesel for mowing the GR would be the better option of the two. I also looked at the F series and am drooling over them. I don't know if I can ever justify the price of the F series though but I may try :laughing:

It was nice to actually get to compare them all side by side. I'm still at least a year away from getting serious about this purchase but that just gives me time to see what else is out there.

/ Sub Compact owners, a couple questions for you #49  
I was at the Kubota dealer today picking up a part for my excavator and took the time to look over their mowers so I could get an idea on the sizes of them. I think a BX is out of the question for me. It is a nice machine but size wise it appears to be very similar to the GR and since all I want is 4wd and diesel for mowing the GR would be the better option of the two. I also looked at the F series and am drooling over them. I don't know if I can ever justify the price of the F series though but I may try :laughing:

It was nice to actually get to compare them all side by side. I'm still at least a year away from getting serious about this purchase but that just gives me time to see what else is out there.
$12000.00 now for a F2680E 60" Rear Discharge Deck with 93 hours. Today, now. Just remember that price a year from now when you go to buy and your mind keeps saying I should kick myself for not buying that one from John for that price.:)
Delivered and no state sales tax and with Kubotas used equipment financing Used Kubota Tractors.
Maybe another interested party will take advantage of this once in a lifetime opportunity.:thumbsup:

Attachments

• IMG_0968.jpg
    IMG_0968.jpg
    955.4 KB · Views: 131
JOHNTHOMAS said:
$12000.00 now for a F2680E 60" Rear Discharge Deck with 93 hours. Today, now. Just remember that price a year from now when you go to buy and your mind keeps saying I should kick myself for not buying that one from John for that price.:)
Delivered and no state sales tax and with Kubotas used equipment financing Used Kubota Tractors.
Maybe another interested party will take advantage of this once in a lifetime opportunity.:thumbsup:

Yours is 2wd if I recall so its not what I'm really looking for