Stupid workplace safety rules

/ Stupid workplace safety rules #61  
I'm working on this BS Rules Requirement as I type this. I just received a WARNING, that I'm not taking LONG ENOUGH to go through the work. This is despite the fact that I've answered every question correctly!

Why is it that we have to all achieve the lowest common denominator in order to move forward!

Bullshit harrassment.JPG

/ Stupid workplace safety rules #62  
I'm working on this BS Rules Requirement as I type this. I just received a WARNING, that I'm not taking LONG ENOUGH to go through the work. This is despite the fact that I've answered every question correctly!

Why is it that we have to all achieve the lowest common denominator in order to move forward!

View attachment 533513

I feel for you. They never take into account that some people can read and process much faster then other people. I get those kind of tests at work but thankfully no time constraints. I've done them so many times now, I keep hitting next, fast forward through the videos to get to the tests. :cool2:

/ Stupid workplace safety rules #63  

View attachment 533513

Yep... resistance is futile... we are Borg or something like that.

Often times training will have a mandated number of hours to fulfill the statutory requirement...

New hires spend 3 days mostly in front of a computer screen going through module after module... there are a few pearls of wisdom or sometimes a different prospective... but most I find mind numbing as in the above is on sexual harassment in the work place and most of that good be summed up as having good manners...

/ Stupid workplace safety rules #64  
I know an electrician who always dismissed safety. One day he was working a hot primary feed in a hospital and was wrapping up the job, taking his safety gloves off when his elbow hit a sharp screw on the compartment door behind him. His reflexes funny-boned his hand back onto the primary feed.

Fortunately this happened in a hospiatal and they responded ASAP. They worked him over and could not get a pulse and the lead was considering him dead and calling off the resuscitation. One of the responders did not give up and brought him back....

These days he is famous for his safety talks

/ Stupid workplace safety rules #65  
I have to take all those classes on my time, not company time.

/ Stupid workplace safety rules #66  
Since we have been acquired it is ALL on company time... the difference from being a community based stand alone facility and one in a 100,000 employee organization is mind boggling...

When asked... I was told a lot of the mandatory instruction has come about as the result of lawsuits and fines and crafted by lawyers to protect the company...

I have found several instances where the module does not apply, is out of date or flat out wrong and mentioned it... the reaction has been just complete as assigned... no interest in re-hashing or updating from the bottom up... there are consultants and the legal team that decide from the top down.

/ Stupid workplace safety rules #67  
I didn't make it. So I sent an email to my HR department with a harassment complaint concerning its assumption as to my inability to perform at my ability. I requested a formal assessment concerning this module's harassment of my feelings and ability to read, comprehend, and respond.
Are you kidding me 2.JPG

/ Stupid workplace safety rules #68  
I didn't make it. So I sent an email to my HR department with a harassment complaint concerning its assumption as to my inability to perform at my ability. I requested a formal assessment concerning this module's harassment of my feelings and ability to read, comprehend, and respond.
View attachment 533515

I got a 'sick feeling in my throat' just imagining having to go through that online training. I witnessed the beginning of this process, almost ten years ago. First it was a couple of 'modules' and every year more sections/departments piled onto the bandwagon. Thankfully I'm retired, although if I were to be recalled (I'm still in the Naval Reserve) I'd probably need to spend 3 days solid just going through this crap.

----------------------------------------------------

Personally, I'd blame Sheila (from your first screen capture)... she always was looking for everyone to toe the line and would dob anyone in who didn't.

Nancy sounds nice... and looks like she can share a joke too. :)

/ Stupid workplace safety rules #69  
WOW that's crazy>>
I had a similar experience ONCE w/ a LIVE person..
I had to do a job at a Carbon making facility once.. had to read & comprehend 3 pages of safety rules.. before entering plant..
I can "speed read" so it took me all of 10 seconds.. Finger going from side to side, pages flipping.. all the while the "lady" was standing there in disgust.. I said, "I'm ready".. She snapped back, "YOU DIDNT READ THAT".. I said, "UM, yes ma'am I DID read that"..
She started "quizzing me" about the horn blasts & what they mean & where to go.. I answered ALL of them correctly..
She was dumbfounded.. but thankfully she let me pass to do my work..
I can see WHY she was skeptical.. with the type of workers they had at that plant.. it would have taken them hours to just READ IT, let alone comprehend it..

/ Stupid workplace safety rules #70  
Since we have been acquired it is ALL on company time... the difference from being a community based stand alone facility and one in a 100,000 employee organization is mind boggling...

When asked... I was told a lot of the mandatory instruction has come about as the result of lawsuits and fines and crafted by lawyers to protect the company...

I have found several instances where the module does not apply, is out of date or flat out wrong and mentioned it... the reaction has been just complete as assigned... no interest in re-hashing or updating from the bottom up... there are consultants and the legal team that decide from the top down.

I happen to work for a specialty division of our company. We had some mandatory training we had to do pertaining to our division after the company I worked for was bought out. These modules were produced years ago and didn't even pertain to the equipment we used. Plus 3/4 of the information was flat out wrong. Everyone in our division was required to do them and pass the test at the end of each module. The 8 Modules took 2 days to complete and were painful. :eek:

The poor safety directors with the company were swamped with emails from our division blasting these modules and picking them apart :D Last I heard, they are supposed to be redoing the modules with the current equipment and key people in the division doing the editing:)