Stump digger bucket

/ Stump digger bucket #1  

arrow

Tractor
Mahindra 3016
Need to dig a culvert ditch across my drive. The ditch will need to be about 16"-18" wide and 16' long and 2' deep. With no back hoe, was thinking of a front end attachment.
The problem for me is that most of the stump buckets I've found are built like a "wedge" and widen out considerably. Not good fo what I want.
I am not trusting myself with one of these bucket "spade" attachments.It will be just like me to warp the bucket with one of those. The word "finesse" and myself are not blood brothers.
Was wondering if anyone knows of a stump type bucket that does not taper or tapers very little and is not exceeding a 5c note.

/ Stump digger bucket #2  
Just use the front bucket and dig 90 degrees to the ditch instead of in line with it. It would probably work better anyway.

/ Stump digger bucket #3  
What about one of those rear mount 3 point dirt buckets?

ccc7be4cb4c94d4d98655fa3abfa7c3c.jpg

Not sure on price, but something that could be used in the future.

/ Stump digger bucket #4  
What about one of those rear mount 3 point dirt buckets?

ccc7be4cb4c94d4d98655fa3abfa7c3c.jpg

Not sure on price, but something that could be used in the future.
Good luck getting 2 foot deep with one of those without having a really wide trench, the front bucket is the way to go...

SR

/ Stump digger bucket
Just use the front bucket and dig 90 degrees to the ditch instead of in line with it. It would probably work better anyway.

Tried that. Couldn't get the depth i wanted.

/ Stump digger bucket #7  
One day rental of their smallest mini-ex at United Rentals (General Equipment) in Smithfield, RI = $299.00

Mini-Excavator, 3,000-3,999 lbs. for Rent - United Rentals

That should get you a full 8 hours on the meter.

Check with them and see if they will allow you to pick it up late Friday and return it Monday for the one day rental fee if you don't exceed 8 hours use.

The controls should be fairly easy to master ... and you can get a lot done in 8 hours, so line up and prep for whatever other projects you need to get done on the same rental.

Assuming you don't run into any monster boulders or ledge, your culvert trench should take you no more than 2 hours, max ... ;)

/ Stump digger bucket
One day rental of their smallest mini-ex at United Rentals (General Equipment) in Smithfield, RI = $299.00

Mini-Excavator, 3,000-3,999 lbs. for Rent - United Rentals

That should get you a full 8 hours on the meter.

Check with them and see if they will allow you to pick it up late Friday and return it Monday for the one day rental fee if you don't exceed 8 hours use.

The controls should be fairly easy to master ... and you can get a lot done in 8 hours, so line up and prep for whatever other projects you need to get done on the same rental.

Assuming you don't run into any monster boulders or ledge, your culvert trench should take you no more than 2 hours, max ... ;)
Sound advice Rsy. But you do take the fun out of getting another toy for the tractor.

/ Stump digger bucket #9  
For ditch digging I prefer tooth bar.
Fqcz9Mrh.jpg

/ Stump digger bucket
For ditch digging I prefer tooth bar.
Fqcz9Mrh.jpg

Had one on my tractor. The problem is the bucket bottoms out at the end of its travel length. It's as if i would have to dig a 4' wide ditch when I need just a 16" width one just to make room for the tractor tires to ramp down so the bucket can reach 2' deep.